*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538564-A-Big-Change
by twin1
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1325520
It's a magical story full of adventure friendship love and new worlds.
#538564 added September 29, 2007 at 7:03pm
Restrictions: None
A Big Change

The next thing Gabby new she was being awakened by Doctor Avin himself, and pulled from the warm comfort of the chair and a huge quilt that had been laid on top of her, to the entrance of a door that had secretly been so close by.
“Now you can see your husband, I was finally able to brake his fever, he should be fine until morning. If you happened to need anything, don’t be afraid to get me from my room.” 
“Thank you Doctor Avin, I wont.”
“Okay, Goodnight Sudaria.”
“Goodnight.”
As the doctor disappeared threw the den, Gabby disappeared threw the door to there room, quietly shutting the door behind her.
The entire room was dark, with the exception of a candle lightly flickering on a white dresser. It gave just enough light for her to see Warrien, fast asleep. He was lying on the left side of long thick cushioned bedding that barely arose of the floor, and he was covered in what seemed like hundreds of pillows and blankets. His face was flushed red and sweaty but he looked so much better and more alive.
She walked over towards the dresser in an attempt to blow out the candle, but was startled to see the shape of a figure standing in front of her. Once she looked up she realized it was only her reflection in a mirror, which happened to be hanging on the wall.
It took her a second to convince herself it was really Gabriella. Her hair had grown so long that her single braid still entwined flowed like a waterfall of caramel down to her hips. Even her skin had turned golden bronze from being exposed to so much sun. It glowed gloriously as the candlelight danced across her face. She was beautiful and looked so many years older. Even her face had matured; the roundness of her chin line and chubby cheekbones had become attractively defined. Her big dazzling chestnut eyes had become bolder, deeper, and extremely alluringly darker. Her whole entire appearance had changed, even her broad yet fair body had become slim and muscular. She had grown up with out even knowing it.
         The longer she stared at herself the more she noticed something alien and supernatural residing within her and realized she was no longer human, she was immortal with magical powers.
         She curiously lifted up her sleeve and there stood the proof, the silvery serpent symbol was wrapped lifelike down her forearm. 
         Suddenly the sound of Warrien’s movement distracted her and she quickly blew out the candle remembering how tired she was.
         Then she sank down into the bed next to him, whom turned around and whispered something in her ear.
         “Finally my wife has come to see me.”
         Gabby couldn’t help but laugh out lout; even Warrien’s big grin could be seen in the dark.
         “I’m sorry, I had to come up with something so that no one would know I was Princess Gabriella.”
         “I understand you had to do something.”
         Then she gasped “oh no, did Doctor Avin realize I had lied?”
         Warrien sort of hesitated shaking his head, “I don’t think so, I just hope he didn’t notice me laughing.”
         “I don’t get what’s so funny about it,” questioned Gabby smiling.
         “I don’t know… but I guess it’ll be kind of fun pretending to be married until we have to leave.”
         Gabby sighed then with curiosity asked, “ How long has it really been it feels like it’s been years? How much time do we even have left.”
         “Truthfully,” began Warrien, “from the time we left Agias it has already been almost a month. We only have two more days left before the month is over and before Alea will wake up. In fact the war has probably already begun or is on the verge of beginning.” 
         “So when are we going to leave?”
         “Tomorrow afternoon, whether I’m better or not,” announced Warrien.
         He was really quite for a moment but Gabby could tell he wanted to say something.
         “What,” whispered Gabby looking him in the eyes.
         “Tomorrow you may have to face Damen alone. Know one knows what will happen. Will you be able to fight him?”
         “I think… no… I know I can. I didn’t survive a fight with wolves, a dragon, a specter, vampires, a river, and a monster shark to be beaten by some crazy man.”
         “Are you serious, see you continue to amaze me!”
         Gabby smiled but it was over taken by a powerful yawn.
         “Goodnight Gabby, we both need lots of sleep.”
         “Goodnight Warrien.”
         Then they both rolled comfortably on their backs enjoying the chance to sleep in a bed.   
         Then just before Gabby could close her eyes she heard Warrien whisper, “oh, and don’t forget in the morning that I am your husband.”
         “Thanks, I’ll try really heard not to forget,” joked Gabby.
         Then she closed her eyes.
© Copyright 2007 twin1 (UN: heathertwin1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
twin1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538564-A-Big-Change