*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538710-Real-Water-Glasses
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#538710 added September 30, 2007 at 12:34pm
Restrictions: None
Real Water Glasses
4 Mashiyyat 164 B.E. - Sunday, September 30, 2007 about 9:15 AM PDT

I now have a set of real glass water and juice glasses, actually two set because the juice glasses have a different design on them then the water glasses. I picked them up off freecycle the other day under the title "kitchen stuff". I can get rid of the plastic tumblers we've had for years. The tumblers are Tupperware and I already have some one who wants them, she's suppose to pick them up Monday evening.

When I was growing up my Grandmother had two sets of dishes and glassware. One set, the "good" dishes, she used for guest, Sunday dinners and holiday meals. The other set she used everyday. As a child I drink water and juice out of the everyday set of glassware. Glasses were supposed to be used and not just looked at. It didn't matter what the pattern was we used them.

Grandma got jelly in glass jars and when they were empty, she washed the little jars and we drank juice out of them. If we dropped a glass and broke it, it didn't matter because there was another one of the same design in the cupboard with jelly in it. When we eat the jelly then we had a full set of juice glasses again.

I like drinking ice water, tea, juice and milk out of glassware. The liquid feels like its colder when it comes out of a real glass. I'm not sure that there is a difference in the temperature, but that isn't the point. I think there is a difference in the temperature and that is what's important.

Also in the box of "kitchen stuff" was a set of matching coffee cups. I don't think I have a set of matching coffee cups, at least not more than two or three and that's not a real set. A set of matching coffee cups consists in four or more cups of the same design. I have a lot of coffee mugs with business logos on them, I have Christmas mugs and other mugs with different designs or sayings on them, but they are a set.

I'm going to enjoy drinking coffee out of the matching set. I'm getting nostalgic, maybe that's a side effect of turning 60 or maybe it's just the stress I've went through lately. I'm not sure what it is and, at this point, I really don't care. I'm going to enjoy that nostalgic feeling as long as I can.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538710-Real-Water-Glasses