*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/541265-Truck-Drivers-Honk-Politely
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#541265 added October 12, 2007 at 3:31pm
Restrictions: None
Truck Drivers Honk Politely
16 Mashiyyat 164 B.E. - Friday, October 12, 2007 about 12:11 PM PDT

Yesterday Mom and I went to pick up 100 cone shaped coffee filters I received off freecycle. One the way home I decided to stop to do same business at a place on South Jones. When I completed that I drove back home drive east on Sahara.

I was stopped at a light staring off into nowhere and missed the light changing from red to green. The cars ahead of me moved, but I didn't behind me was a "big rig" the drove honked at me (the proper thing to do under the circumstances). It was a polite honk, not loud enough to frighted but just enough to get me moving. If it was someone in another car he or she would have leaned on the horn and yelled out the window.

We arrived home and the only things I got done yesterday were dishes, laundry and trash carried out to the garage. In fact I didn't get all the trash carried out. I still have recyclables to take off the patio and the trash under the sink to take out. Tomorrow is both trash and recyclable day.

This morning I haven't gotten a lot done either except make some blog entries, read some e-mail and do some surveys. I still have to write today's poem, make the gratitude journal entry and the entry in Writing My Spiritual Journey. This afternoon I have to pick up Mom's meds and perhaps stop at a grocery store for cat food. I'm waiting for the postman to go, I'm expecting a couple of checks and I'm hoping at least one come today.

I had an appointment for a dental screening today, but I rescheduled it for November. I can't reschedule the November screening, but if I'm lucky the rash on my neck will be cleared up and the two loose teeth in my mouth will have come out naturally.

I actually had the money for the screening until I had to get gas yesterday while picking up the coffee filters. I got lost trying to find the place, I'm probably the only person in the world that can get lost following mapquest directions. Fortunately, postal delivery personnel give good directions.

© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/541265-Truck-Drivers-Honk-Politely