*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543389-It-Wasnt-As-Hard
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1241026
Thoughts on things from the news, TV, radio, and daily life that hit home with me.
#543389 added October 21, 2007 at 10:58pm
Restrictions: None
It Wasn't As Hard...
... as I'd thought for years it would be.
         Ever since February, 1967, well, maybe August, 1968, I'd been trying to come to terms with the way I'd felt about my mother, and the way she'd handled things - scratch that - controlled things in my life from June, 1966 through mid February, 1967.
         The events of that time aren't important for this entry, or to make my point.
         The point is, I tried for years to get myself to forgive mom for what she did. But progress to that end went at a snail's pace.
         But this morning, all those prayers of "how do I do this?", and "help me do this, Lord" were answered.
         As part of his sermon this morning, Pastor John said, "Forgiveness is letting go of the pain", and "Forgiveness is letting go of [your] chance to get even." Before his sermon was done, I'd quietly said, "I forgive you, mom." Why?
         Letting go of the pain was something I'd longed to do from the start. And as for getting even, I'd never had any thoughts of that. There was no point in it.
         Pastor John is right. Frogiveness will set you free.
Thank you, Pastor John.
Thank You, Father.

© Copyright 2007 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/543389-It-Wasnt-As-Hard