*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551016-Murphys-Law
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1348631
The struggles my husband and I went through when our daughter was born 11 weeks premature.
#551016 added November 23, 2007 at 1:32am
Restrictions: None
Murphy's Law

This year has been so full of turmoil that I am absolutely exhausted, and I can’t help but wonder, “What next?” Now I understand why ancient cultures offered human sacrifices to the gods. The only thing we can be sure of is death, and in between birth and death the shit will constantly hit the fan. I wish there was a method of ensuring that the future will bring only happiness, success, and peace.

And good health. Today my father went to the doctor and found out that his blood pressure is extremely high. It was so high that they wouldn’t let him leave the building until he had taken several pills, and they discussed sending him to the hospital. I’m worried about him, but if he takes his meds, eats the right foods, etc, he can manage the blood pressure. They did take some of his blood for further testing (I’m not sure why, I’ve been too afraid to investigate on-line).

My father is an interesting guy. I remember being a small kid and watching him write in his spiral notebooks for hours. He loves horror and sci-fi movies, and my younger brother and I were raised on them. I remember watching Star Trek The Next Generation with him when I was still in grade school, he’d let me stay up late on those nights. Sometimes he recorded old black and white horror flicks for me, like The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

He’s a history buff, with a memory like a steel trap, and can give detailed lectures on different historical events. And when Jehovah’s Witnesses knock on his door, he invites them in for a theological debate.

I want Cadence to be able to know him like I do, and the thought of him being too ill to be “himself” is horrible. I can’t behead someone like an Aztec priest to ensure my future, so I guess in this case we’ll (again) have to rely on the medical field for reassurance.

© Copyright 2007 C Blackmon (UN: redheadgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C Blackmon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/551016-Murphys-Law