*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552018-the-necessarily-flexible-plan
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#552018 added November 27, 2007 at 11:00pm
Restrictions: None
the necessarily flexible plan
Seamus is better, but still not okay. not okay enough to leave with the pet/house sitter. I hope he's okay enough to go to the kennel.

Because he's hard to get into my tall car when he's at his best, and would be impossible with the kids in their car seats in back, we'll have the mobile vet come over tomorrow morning to give him his bordatello and distemper shots so that he can go to the kennel. I'm not thrilled with the plan, because I'm afraid he'll spend most of his day lying down and get worse. He can have two 15-minute walks for an extra $10 a day, and can move out of the heated area to the "run" whenever he wants. He won't want to. I'm afraid he won't drink much either. He didn't while we were gone, so I've been making broth for him to drink every day now, hoping that will be enough to keep him hydrated. I'm sure the kennel won't cook broth for him.

My son-in-law is better too. He checked out of the hospital today, only lying a little bit about how he was feeling, according to my daughter. Their plan was to pick up their dogs from her brother's house, about two hours away, and drive four more hours to our house tonight. They made it to Hap's house and decided that was as far as he could go. They'll come here tomorrow either to pick up the twins or spend the night first.

Bill is now talking about our leaving for Portland tomorrow night because the weather may be icy. I'll have to get Seamus to the kennel tomorrow anyway, because we'd be leaving very early Thursday. So, I'd better get packing!

I won't be taking the laptop with me, *Cry* so I'll be back in ten days or so. Happy holiday madness. I wish I had my shopping done!

© Copyright 2007 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/552018-the-necessarily-flexible-plan