*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555980-Blogging-and-the-Senior-Moment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#555980 added December 18, 2007 at 11:03pm
Restrictions: None
Blogging and the Senior Moment
8 Masa'il 164 B.E. - Tuesday, December 18, 2007 about 7:29 PM PST

Senior moments happen to everyone whether you're twenty or sixty. At sixty you expect to encounter them more often then at twenty, but by the time you become a sexagenarian you realize they're a normal part of stressful living. You learn to accept them with grace and humor. I had a senior moment yesterday and forgot to update my blog. Today I received a lovely reminder to update my blog.

I'm not sure now what I intended to write yesterday, but I'm sure it was something profound or witty. That's the beautiful thing about senior moments and blogging, you can always convince yourself that the missed entry either a Nobel or Pulitzer prize winner. You can weep about all the money they would have given you. You can even fantasize about what and who (or is that whom) you would have spent it on. Then you get back to reality and compose a blog entry for the present.

I'm not sure I'll ever win any kind of prize with my blog entries. It doesn't really mater whether I do or not. Composing the entry is the challenge. Sitting at the computer and typing directly into the blog without using a word-processing program and then copying and pasting into the blog makes you think. Sometimes you even encounter senior moments while writing. When this happens you can do one of two things. You can either quite the entry all together or you can continue writing.

I've just encounter a senior moment so I think I'll choose a third alternative. I'll put one of my favorite quotes by Baha'u'llah in this entry.

Blessed is slumberer who is awakened by My Breeze.
from Baha'u'llah's Tablet to the Christians


That's the beautiful thing about blogging and senior moments you can choose your response to the situation. You can include a quote, even if the quote has little to do with what you were writing before the senior moment struck. Then you can either continue writing or end the entry.




© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555980-Blogging-and-the-Senior-Moment