*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560151-what-still-waiting
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#560151 added January 10, 2008 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
what? still waiting?
The saga of the washer repair:

My first call to Sears was before Christmas, and they could not get someone out here till the morning of Jan 3. They talked me into buying a service warranty for $200, saying that the replacement of a timer would cost more than that with labor. On the 2nd, Sears left me a message that he would appear between 8 and 5. Okay, so I would lose the whole day. When no on showed, I called the same 800 number and was told he'd be here Tuesday. Tuesday morning they called again and said it would be another week, so I called a local repair place who got me in right away. Whee.

Today their repairman showed up promptly between 8 and 8:30, investigated, and said yes, it was a problem with the timer, as I'd told them. He'd have to order the part, and it would maybe be in by next Tuesday and will cost me $250. So, I am no farther ahead either money or time-wise than I was before. Plus I'm very discouraged. I was really looking forward to spending this morning washing clothes in the comfort of my own basement.

If I still own a laundry bag from college days, I don't know where to look for it, but it would be a lot handier than laundry baskets. As I remember, they hold an infinite amount of dirty clothes.

Funny, the mental picture I just had was of a college dormitory practical joke I heard about. Someone took a condom, lay it at the head of a bed, and, using a hose, filled it with water. When it had inflated to almost the length of the bed, he tied it closed and left it. Needless to say, there was no way to empty or remove it without getting very wet. I don't suppose the laundry bag expanded quite that much. *Laugh*

Anyway, looks like I'll have to go to a laundromat after all. Maybe the weekend rush following the electrical outage has dissipated. I'd wait and go Saturday to the one in the Adventist town (if it's even open!) but my son will be here with his chain saw to help Bill with the trees. Hmmm. I guess I'd better get at it.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560151-what-still-waiting