*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565797
Rated: GC · Book · Activity · #1218638
For my assignments.
#565797 added February 5, 2008 at 7:06pm
Restrictions: None
WTB 3
Enoma, born of a tribe in Okron, a small, scarcely land-locked country on the far western shore of Loslar, ran to the new house he’d purchased in Disdin, his feet slipping and sliding on the rocky crags lacing the mountain ridge. He scarcely kept his balance, his body wavering precariously in the dying evening heat, one hand gripped painfully around a small, wooden ball. When he finally reached the summit, body exhausted from the short distance traveled from his house down to his neighbor and back again, he nearly collapsed onto the leveled ground, chest heaving with hot breath.

He gripped the wooden ball tightly, even though his journey was so close to the end. Looking down at it, he grinned, a dry laugh screeching from his mouth. “I’ve done it!” he shouted to the sky, voice rasping. “It will work!”

He paused only a few moments, caught between a desire to prepare accordingly or to simply wait and test his creation on someone else. He remembered all the work he’d put into his invention, all the years he’d plotted and planned, the long, insomnia-driven nights filled with sweat, blood and magic…and opened the wooden ball after years of waiting for the things inside to ferment.

After several long moments, Enoma found himself still wide awake, rheumy eyes still bloodshot from a thousand-nights’ work and a thousand more of pure waiting. “No,” he whispered. “No, I have to sleep. I can’t get the Dream God’s power if I’m still awake.”

He screamed loudly, throat raw, his head thrown back in sheer agony.

The things that had grown inside, however, paid no heed as they wiggled their way into the ear of the slumbering Mad God. So the Mad God slept, intoxicated by the Sleep Bugs, ever oblivious to the nearing blade of his foe and rival, the God of Mutiny, even asleep as the blade plunged into his chest. He awoke, however, as all of the madness he had soaked up from the world of Loslar began pouring from him faster than his blood could flow, engulfing Mutiny under its tide, rushing out and into the other realms of the gods.

Thus, the era of the Mad Gods began.

© Copyright 2008 There She Goes (UN: genevieve_4u at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
There She Goes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565797