*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571789-Id-like-to-thank-you-all
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#571789 added March 5, 2008 at 2:33pm
Restrictions: None
"I'd like to thank you all..."
"Back in your old neighborhood
the cigarettes taste so good
but you're so misunderstood...
you're so misunderstood.
There's something there that you can't find.
Yer honest when you're tellin' a lie
You hurt her but you don't know why.
You love her but you don't know why.
Short on long term goals.
There's a party there that we oughta go to.
You still love rock and roll.
You still love rock and roll."


The Federal Government apparenttly likes to penalize taxpayers who get their taxes done and sent in long before the due date, because I've never had to wait this long for a tax return. And the State Government...forget it. They've given me one unemployment check so far for the 4 weeks I claimed so far (granted that includes the one week waiting period, but still). I've been paying into these systems for years...there should not be a breakdown.

"It's only a quarter to three,
reflecting off your cd
You're looking at a picture of me.
You're staring at a picture of me.
Take the guitar player for a ride;
he ain't never been satisfied.
He thinks he owes you some kind of debt.
It'll be years before he gets over it."


Further complicating my situation is that my cell is prepaid, and I was expecting one check or the other (or both) by today. But I wasn't careful with my minutes, so I can't call the unemployment office to get a word on what the holdup is. Or hear from any of the resumes I put out. Or to let my landlord know I'm at least still alive. I guess I shouldn't have ignored his call last night. I will, however, say every single minute I used last nite was well spent...you know who you are *Kiss*.

"There's a fortune inside your head.
All you touch turns to lead.
You think you might just crawl back in bed,
with a fortune inside your head.
You know you're just a mama's boy,
positively unemployed.
So misunderstood.
So misunderstood."


So I'm sorry for my phone running out last night *Sad*. I'll make it up to you, I promise. And I totally forgot I have a dinner/dance thing coming up next weekend, the local Policeman's Ball, that I should find a date to I suppose. Already have the ticket (admit couple). Got a guest or 2 in mind. Any other ideas besides the cute 20-yr-old Rite-Aid chick w/the 18-yr-old high school boyfriend? And stupid me, entered something in a poetry review forum, but because it was listed as lyrics, they wouldn't review it. And I'm not angry because the person sent back a nice email saying why, but this same person had a contest that I entered, and I'm guessing I'm not going to be eligible for that now either because that was considered "lyrics" too. Kinda a bummed day all around.

"I know you've got a God-shaped hole;
you're bleeding out your heart full of soul.
You're so misunderstood.
You're so misunderstood.
You're so misunderstood.
You're so misunderstood."

          Wilco, "Misunderstood"

Live video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etkdJpGk4zw&feature=related

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571789-Id-like-to-thank-you-all