*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585584-I-got-the-bonus-egg
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#585584 added May 17, 2008 at 2:51pm
Restrictions: None
I got the bonus egg!
I live in a very non-rural suburb. Besides the parks and the streams that cut through, there's not much in the way of wildlife out here besides birds and squirrels. Maybe occasionally some deer traipsing through the cemetary at night. As I sat at the diner (situated on a very busy stretch of roadway a block down from probably the busiest intersection in the village) for breakfast I saw something I don't believe I have ever seen before (at least not around here).

A turkey. An honest-to-goodness, real, living turkey.

Trying to cross the street no less *Confused* (and save the "bird crossing the street jokes"...they've all been played out and yours isn't any funnier). Holding up traffic. Tom Turkey, out on a stroll in the village. And this sucker was HUGE. This bird could probably feed a family of 8 and still have leftovers (please don't tell PETA I said that). And he made it across the street by golly . Don't know where he was headin' or where he came from. But I saw a freakin' turkey.

And since I'm usually bitching in this place about shoddy customer service, I feel it is my need to also shout out those folks that go above and beyond. That would be the folks at the 50's Diner today. I ordered my eggs over-easy, toast, sausage and mashed potatoes. When she gave me my order, the eggs looked...different. Like there was waaaaaay too much white for the two yolks. Whatever. I ate away like a champ cuz I was starving. Polished off the yolks with my toast (I'm a dipper *Laugh*) and noticed that there was a third egg underneath, like it was meant to be one of mine but they cooked it too long to be over-easy. So the kid made out and got a bonus egg, no charge today. They definitely earned the 50%+ tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2fN9uJlFCs&feature=related

Enjoy the weekend...watch out for stray turkeys and I hope you all get a bonus egg. *Smile*

OHHH and I have to tuck this in...I was just gifted raffle tix for "Invalid Item from Julie D - PUBLISHED! so I think I'm gonna donate, it's a good cause and stuff. Thanks Julie! That was awfully sweet of ya! *Wink*

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/585584-I-got-the-bonus-egg