*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587380-Chapter-41
Rated: 13+ · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1430797
An action-packed thriller in the vein of Dan Brown...
#587380 added May 26, 2008 at 8:30pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 41
Chapter 41


"I've heard of them," Clinton said.
         DiBianco opened the folder. It was empty.
         "Why is this in here?"
         "How would I know?" Clinton said. "And why should you care? It's not like it's your bag ... right?"
         "I'm afraid so."
         "I don't understand."
         "I'm not sure how it got here, but this is my bag. These are my things."
         DiBianco pulled out more books, all of them his own, and sprawled them over the sofa.
         "Is that God Science?" Clinton said, excitedly. "I've only heard of it. Can't find it anywhere."
         That explains the slump in book sales.
         "Can I--"
         DiBianco handed him the book. "Keep it."
         Clinton beamed like a child in a candy store.
         "Tell me about this sacred brotherhood."
         "They believe they are the literal descendants of Lucifer." Clinton ran up to his collage wall, ripped off a computer printout, and handed it to DiBianco. He was growing fast with excitement. "I uncovered a lot on these guys a few months ago when I ran into some punks claiming to be members. They had been causing trouble around here."
         "Were they?" DiBianco said. "Descendants of Lucifer?"
         "Kinda."
         "What do you mean ... kinda?"
         "Their parents are."
         DiBianco chuckled. "See, that goes to show how deranged these guys are. If they're literal descendants like they claim, then so are their children."
         "Not necessarily. But that's not what's important." Clinton's voice grew even more excited now. "The Brotherhood have been around for centuries. This is the biggest mystery I've ever seen."
         DiBianco gazed at Clinton with intrigue. Something about this sacred brotherhood was suddenly stirring up butterflies in the pit of his stomach and he needed to know why. "Tell me everything."
         "Just read," he said pointing at the printout.
         There wasn't much. Just a short blurb. Yet what DiBianco saw took his breath away.
         "I thought you might like that--"
         DiBianco's throat started to swell. He suddenly couldn't breathe.
         "Are you okay?" Clinton reached around and patted him on the back.
         "Where did you find this?" DiBianco said.
         "On the internet."
         "Bring me to the website ... now!"
         "I can't."
         "Why not?"
         "It's not there."
         "What?"
         "That's the problem with tracking these people. They're always on the move. Their domains are here today, gone tomorrow ... always top secret. I found this little gem completely by accident; the site was gone less than an hour later."
         "Is there anyway to prove this?"
         "Not likely."
         "We need to find these guys, and fast."
         "I'm not sure we do. These guys are seriously screwed up; they're like an anti-Christian terrorist organization. They fear nothing and kill anything that gets in there way."
         "There's a reason why this folder is in my bag; and if this printout is true ... billions of lives are at stake ... including ours. I see no other choice."

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2008 Keith Katsikas (UN: kkatsikas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Keith Katsikas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587380-Chapter-41