*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587388-Is-there-a-recipe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#587388 added May 26, 2008 at 9:29pm
Restrictions: None
Is there a recipe?
"Invalid Entry Of course, there is a recipe. I have to adapt it to my personal circumstances.

I never do anything right. I never do it in the right way, I do it my way. I like the Navy saying: There is the right way to do things, there is the wrong way to doings, and there is the Navy way to do things. Which I am going to rewrite and adapt to my life: There is the right way, the wrong way and my way. I am going to take old blue eyes advice and do it my way. If I do it my way, then I am getting it as close to the right way as I can get it.

Is there really some kind of template or recipe written in stone or something, on how to live and do things in this world? I don't like templates because template curtail creativity. Besides templates, unlike the speed limit, are just suggestions on how something can be do, not how it should be done. I like Kipling's view (who I'm going to quote or misquote right now) There are a thousand ways of constructing tribal lays and every single one of them is right.

I don't think God, or whatever one calls the Unknowable Essence that put creation into being, intended for everyone in the entire universe to do everything the same way. We have free will and with free will comes the ability to screw up, but that's OK because eventually we'll find the individual way to do something.

The Holy Books arrived at different time in the history of Earth, because evolution had gotten to a point that new material laws were needed to carry the human species on the next stage of it's social evolution. All religions and Holy Books come from the same creative force the put the universe into motion. I view all the sacred books as chapters in a single history book, it makes more sense that way. The problem is that human individuals want to put their own spin on the books and then they want someone to follow their reasoning without asking questions. If the human race wasn't suppose to ask questions, then we wouldn't have been given free will.

Who the hell cares HOW you do something, as long as the end result is satisfactory? Perfectionists and control freaks care how things are done. I can talk about perfectionists and control freaks because I have found out I do have a tendency toward those bad habits. I don't like not being in control, the problem is I have begun to realize that the only thing I am in control of are my emotions and reactions to the situations appearing in my life. I now have to take responsibility for my emotions and reactions, I can't blame anyone else become my emotions, reactions and opinions are mine alone as weird as some of them maybe.

What does that matter? It matters to me how I react to the world around because my reactions affect my soul. I have thought a lot about my soul lately, maybe it has to do with getting older and realizing that physical immortality not only impossible, but to be avoided entirely unless one is rich enough to own a star ship to move from planet to planet, from star system to star system or from galaxy to galaxy. Physical immortality could become down right boring.

Spiritual immortality on the other hand is exciting and worth anticipating. My soul, everyone's soul will live forever. The soul can't die, it comes into association with the body at conception and it ascends from the body at physical death. Sort of like a rider dismounting from a horse.

It just doesn't make sense. Because I, as an individual human being have to determine how things work in relation to my view of reality. Once I determine that then I have to determine how I relate to the rest of the human species while I'm living in this realm of existence. Then I die and pass into the next world where I have only the spiritual attributes I have developed why my soul lived with my physical body.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/587388-Is-there-a-recipe