*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593540-Chapter-2-of-the-boy-with-the-golden-head
by Asrah
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1444022
It's shining amongst the rest...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#593540 added June 28, 2008 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2 of the boy with the golden head
"Oh why didn't i look at the map clearly when i got it
from mom 3 months ago?..."

Went through my head as i ran down the streets with my brown haversack flapping on my back, a buldging pink baggage on my right hand and another pink baggage on the other, my father's favorite basball cap of NY on my head, my 2 pigtails jumping around aimlessly on my sweat-drenched head...

I wore my new school's uniform, which was also drenched with the foul smell of sweat, Sorahaku High school, it's graceful name neatly and clearly imprinted on the school's crest which adorned the crest pocket.

The name of my school was certainly placed into the an unfortunate and shameful fate of a girl who never seemed to have brain of her own, running recklessly under the bright morning sky of 9 o clock...

With tears forming on the rim of my eyes, I knew I was late for my first day of school.

"Don't cry! Smile! You've come this far and you're NOT going to pity youself and cry!" I scolded myself mentally.

Breathing calmfully for a few seconds, I tried to erase the massive depression and panic within me.

"Could I have taken a bus?" I thought blankly as a bus whizzed by, the huge picture of a new idol, Hashiku Kotoyame, dominated the whole surface of the bus, advertising to debut his first album.

Yes! A bus! I chided myself harshly for not thinking of it earlier. I placed my bagpack down and searched my pleated skirt pockets for any extra change from the bullet train ride.

I managed to scratch out 5 pennies, each of them a yen worth.

5-yen? Was that enough? I guessed not.

Everything in the city is at least 10 times more expensive than it is in the counrtyside. To begin with, you had never needed a bus to go around.

Grandma's antique bicycle was all the need for transportation around the peaceful village.

I sighed, picked up my baggage and continued to run my way to Sorahaku high school.

Even though I want to deny it, there was no doubt that I was beginning to feel homesick fromt this busy city.
© Copyright 2008 Asrah (UN: asrah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Asrah has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/593540-Chapter-2-of-the-boy-with-the-golden-head