*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605533-Getting-up-before-Dawn
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#605533 added September 5, 2008 at 8:28am
Restrictions: None
Getting up before Dawn
Istiqlál (Independence), 17 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Friday, September 5, 2008 about 5:01 AM Pacific Time

I like getting up before dawn. This morning I woke up at about 1:30 AM, I don't know precisely what time I woke up because the clock is in the living room. I woke up and laid in bed a few minutes looking out my bedroom window at the darkness. I was wide awake looking at the predawn darkness.

I sit up and then got out of bed. I put my right foot on the floor first; I realized this morning that when I get out of bed my right foot touches the floor first. Anyway, I found my socks, put them on and got out of bed. I also realized that I don't like walking barefoot even in the house. When I arrived in the living room, the clock read 1:30 AM.

The clock is in the living room because it is an alarm clock. The original reason for putting it in there was to force me to get up, find the clock and turn it off. It prevented me from going back to bed. However, for the past nine or ten months I've gotten up before the alarm goes off. Apparently, I no longer need to put the alarm clock in the living room.

I like sitting at my computer or on the couch and watching the sky change from black velvet to blue silk. As I look out right now, I can see the subtle change in the sky suggesting that the sun is approaching the eastern horizon and in Las Vegas, the sunrises behind Sunrise Mountain.

There are two mountains on the eastern side Las Vegas, which people refer to as Sunrise Mountain. One of them is actually Sunrise Mountain and the other is Frenchman's Mountains. Citizens of Las Vegas confuse these two mountains all the time.

Dawn approaches
it's feline form stalking
the ebony mice of night.


© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605533-Getting-up-before-Dawn