*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605737-Chapter-Two-Broken-Apart
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #1334501
This is more than just a legend, it's a part of history.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#605737 added September 7, 2008 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Two: Broken Apart
         He stopped his story. His large hands rubbed his face as if he was tired and he sighed deeply.
         "Do you need to stop? Would you like some tea? A sandwich?" I offered, willing to give him anything for him to continue.
         He waved me off, "No, no, I'm fine." He regained his composure and continued, "The fight that was supposed to change my life, didn't. I won that day in the arena and had the next two weeks to enjoy parties held in my honor. I received gifts from noble men and beautiful women, and just small, quick glances from the one I loved. It was a week until I was finally able to breathe, and see her. We had planned a meeting late at night, as usual, but fate had a different idea." He sighed and stopped again. "Did you say you had sandwiches? I could use a bite."
         I waved a servant into the room and requested a meal to be brought in for our guest. Within minutes the man was back, and Wilt had satisfied his appetite. I let him sit a minute before my curiosity got the best of me, "So what happened that night?"
         He sat back in his chair. "It was this night, not the night at the arena, that changed the rest of my life..."


:::


         Wilt awoke with a start to pounding on his door. There was a commotion in the Hall and, bleary eyes, Wilt rose to greet it. His door swung open before he reached the handle and in an instant he was under attack.
         Sharp claws raked at his body. Still not sure what was going on, Wilt tried his best to stop his attacker. "Where is she?" Amina shrieked at him while he held her hands at bay. She swung her arms and body as she tried to writhe out of his grasp to no avail. She was no match for his strength, regardless of how early it was. He spun her around, twisting her arms in front of her and held her with her back to his chest. That's when he saw the others. His doorway was filled with people. Three of the four other sisters, Quill, A few guards, and then standing right before him was the King himself.
         Wilt let Amina go and quickly bowed.
         "Stand up, boy, and just tell us where she is so Amina can finally sleep tonight without worry."
         "Where is whom, my Lord?" Wilt inquired as he obeyed orders and slowly rose to his feet.
         "Don't play with me, son. We know she had plans to see you last night, we heard that much from her maid already this morning, now we need to know what you have done with her or where she has run off to."
         Wilt was ready to feign innocence, but halted his tongue when Nira was lead into the room by Brennon. Her red face told him that the King spoke the truth. Wilt swallowed hard and looked Avi’s father directly in the eyes. "It is true, my King, we were to meet in the courtyard last night. It was just supposed to be brief, but she never arrived."
         Shoving Amina aside the King strode to Wilt and grabbed him by his neck and pushed him against a wall, his grip tightening. “Lies! She was with you last night, Nira watched her leave and enter the courtyard! I will not ask you again! Where is my daughter?”
         Angry tears filled Wilt’s eyes, “I was down there, and she never showed.” His teeth were clenched as he spoke and his voice shook as he tried to regain control. “I thought she was forced to come to a decision, and with just one week left here in this city I was going to respect her distance just as I was ordered!” He paused before continuing anxiously, “Out of hope I waited for her to come. For hours I waited on baited breath for your daughter to come back into my arms and I never was able to even catch a glimpse of her retreating figure. With all due respect, Sire, I should be the one to ask you where your daughter is.”
          “Respect? You call ignoring my orders and putting my youngest child in danger for your own selfish desires, ‘respect’?” The Kings face was red with anger and his breath was coming out in short huffs. “Out!” He tore Wilt off the wall where he had planted him and shoved him toward the door. “Guards, strip him of his Rank, take him out of my sight, out of my Kingdom!” They took hold of his arms roughly but Wilt quickly broke out of their grasp and approached the King fiercely.
          “I would never harm your daughter! I demand to know what is going on!”




:::Dear Reader,

There is more, so much more, to this adventure. I promise you, it is just a matter of me getting my notes together before I can continue this so that you may feel the deep passion that runs through this man's veins. I am having a hard time expressing the many emotions that rocked my being as I heard this startling tale, and I feel the desire within my heart to share this with you as best as I can so that you may feel as I felt.

Your Humble Reporter,

Layton Issac Atticus Raines:::
© Copyright 2008 Plankeye (UN: plankeye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Plankeye has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/605737-Chapter-Two-Broken-Apart