*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629089-Matt-in-the-wee-smas
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#629089 added January 11, 2009 at 4:06pm
Restrictions: None
Matt in the wee sma's
Our house is still not put back together. The family room is set up, and the kids' bedrooms, but that's it. Oh, our room is too, except for the bed. The bedstead was my grandmother's when she was little, so it's at least 80 years old, an old iron one. I slept in it when I was little too. It takes some doing to set it up, and last night we didn't feel like it.

Most of the time all three of our kids spend all night in their own beds. Well, Anna Claire and Emily always do, and Matt does most of the time. Once every couple of weeks he will still come get in bed with us in the wee hours of the morning.

Last night hubby and I decided to spend the night in our recliners, just out of being too tired and lazy to set our bed up - this was at 9:00 P. M., after we had been moving furniture around since 8:00 A. M. About 3:45 this morning, I heard footsteps in my sleep and opened my eyes to see Emily and Matt standing there. Emily said "Matt came and woke me up and said y'all weren't here." He had looked in our bed and panicked when he didn't see us. Can you imagine being 5 years old, waking up in the middle of the night, and thinking your parents aren't home?

Everything worked out fine. Emily went right back to sleep. Matt crawled into the recliner with Sam, who didn't know anything about it until I told him this morning.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/629089-Matt-in-the-wee-smas