*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630852-Panic-plus-a-big-day
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#630852 added January 20, 2009 at 10:02am
Restrictions: None
Panic, plus a big day
Panic
In the wee hours of Monday morning, around 2:00, I heard screaming coming from the girls' room. In one instant, every kind of horrid thing possible ran through my mind, including the two MOST horrid things, an intruder and a snake. Hubby and I ran in there, and Anna Claire had woken up with a severe nosebleed, and got in a panic.

I'm glad that's "all" it was. Hubby and I both had nosebleeds growing up, Emily went through a little phase at that age where she had them, and Anna Claire has had them before. The doctor says that some children are just prone to them, sometimes for no reason except that the blood vessels in the nose are closer to the surface than in adults. Normally in the fall and spring, she takes allergy medicine, as does the rest of the family, which helps with the nosebleeds. Normally in the winter we can kind of taper off on that, but maybe we need to go ahead and start back to giving them to her.

Nothing like a screaming child at 2:00 AM to induce panic.

A Big Day . . .
. . . but not the same big day as everybody else's. It's Matt's birthday. He's a big six year old! The whole family went in his bedroom to sing to him as he awoke, and he started smiling before he even opened his eyes. He got a new windsuit to wear to school, and hubby was going to get cupcakes for his class. Big doings!

Something to be glad about
That I'm not in Washington D. C. I wouldn't be in that mob for anything. One of my major dislikes is crowds. They give me the heebie-jeebies.

On a side note, I said to my doctor that I used when I had Emily that something had given me the heebie-jeebies, and he had never heard this expression. Before this, I thought everybody had heard of the heebie-jeebies. Maybe it's a fine old Mississippi white-trash family saying, in which case it's understandable why I had heard it and this particular doctor had not.

My weird action of the week
I couldn't find my bra yesterday. Yes, folks, I only have one. I looked all over the house for it for about thirty minutes. I finally found it . . . guess where? . . . in my lingerie drawer. Go figure.


© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/630852-Panic-plus-a-big-day