*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632943-Its-a-beautiful-late-winter-day-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#632943 added January 30, 2009 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
It's a beautiful late winter day in Las Vegas
Istiqlál (Independence), 12 Sultán (Sovereignty), 165 BE – Friday, January 30, 2009 about 11:33 PM Pacific Time

It's a beautiful late winter day in Las Vegas, which means there are no clouds in the sky and the prospect of either rain or snow is somewhere around 1%. I haven't been outside yet, but it looks warm; however, there is a slight breeze and that indicates a wind chill.

I have increased the number of items I am thankful for each day from 10 to 12. Mom has cataract surgery scheduled for March. The appointment for the surgery consult is next week. She is going to have her ears cleaned out on Monday. I have a doctor's appoint on Tuesday and then around February 19 I am going to have the rest of my teeth pulled and the bottom plat put in.

I haven't gone back to work yet and I doubt that I will be going back in the same program. I'm not unhappy about this because I realized this past month that Mom is going to need my help more and more; this lets out having any type of outside job. I'm going to have to increase the amount I'm making on line, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get either DSL or cable modem. I would prefer not to have to change Internet providers.

I may have to change providers because the local cable company has a package with modem, TV and telephone, with the option of keeping your old phone number. We may be able to afford the package if I drop both the phone company and the Internet provider. I'll have to see and I still have to figure out how to pay the bills that are mounting up. Still it's a beautiful late winter day in Las Vegas.

© Copyright 2009 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/632943-Its-a-beautiful-late-winter-day-in-Las-Vegas