*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637250-And-the-Bloggie-goes-to
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#637250 added February 23, 2009 at 2:24am
Restrictions: None
And the Bloggie goes to...
Sup Studyees. A welcome end to the weekend to you all. I come to you with one simple request:

Somebody let a brotha know when "award-type shows" are gonna be on tv.

Seriously.

I caught most of the music awards a few weeks back, but wasn't home and comfortable enough to feel like phoning in my opinions as a guest.

Tonight there was some movie awards show on in the other room, but having missed most of it, I just entertained my significant other (and as a sidenote, I hate that term...she is my "best part of me that I'm not afraid to let people see, because the best parts of me are generally best kept to myself otherwise) by cracking jokes over what I was hearing.

My point is, Stoggers, I would love to sit down and waste my time at the altar of the tube creating a live blog entry detailing my opinions on what I'm seeing. In real time. I thought the Grammys were hilarious, and I had a comment for everything that day, so why not?

Bring on the award shows!

And Mel Gibson looks like an evil bastard on Jimmy Kimmel's Post-whatevertonitewasshow.

Is there a ceremony-type show for books? Yeah they get awards and shit, but do they get tv love? Decked out in fancy suits and Sophia Loren-level bad hairdos? Authors hyperventilating over winning "Best Book" like whoever that chick was near the end of tonight's festivities was, that prompted me from the next room to say "Get her an oxygen mask!"?

Media is screwed up. And there is only one person to fix it. In my humble ways, that would be me.

Take me to a non-closing bank on that.

In other news...

* I used to bowl. As in throw a big black ball down a long wooden lane, trying to knock over them white pins with the skinny red necks. Jess and I took Josh bowling today. I sucked ass. I used to be better. But I really was a waste of money, save for the fun. Oh, and by saying I was "better", that meant I was barely competant.

* My Valentines gift from the sexiest cashier on planet Walgreens was tickets to see Rain, a Beatles Tribute band. Let me tell you, the experience was awesome beyond awesome. I got what people felt seeing them live at Ed Sullivan and Shea Stadium. I felt that. It affected me. There were moments that I welled up nearly in tears during the show in disbelief of what I was seeing and hearing. It definitely was amazing...between the visuals and the music. It wasn't perfect note-for-note and the Lennon guy kinda blew, but overall, it was a very good experience.

* I'm forgetting things again. In Your Dirtiest Pants fronted on me with a nice thing on Facebook, and I might try to pass it off on here as a blog entry one day.

* Back on the award show kick, how about one for those who love the blog preference? I already nominate myself for Best Blog of 2008 for my compelling tale of romancing a Walgreens cashier to fruition as the one relationship for the rest of our lives. If such an award existed I know I would lose to Kåre Enga in Montana , based on his versatility as a writer and observer. Dude has mad skills. And while I'm in the blog vein, there was an unofficial Blogville newsletter that seems to have disbanded while floating under the radar of the "official" WDC newsletters. There are too many good blogs that just don't get the love, and any one of the many that I list in my section of blogs are a good place to start, so give it up to them.

I'm sure I had more to add, but this week has been mad weird and I have already bid J goodnight, so may I do you all the same... GOODNIGHT NOW!

© Copyright 2009 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637250-And-the-Bloggie-goes-to