*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/639952-I-Wish-I-Was-Missing-Inaction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Knismo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1532129
Blog virgin alert! Tickled to be writing anything at all. IF I write anything at all...
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#639952 added March 11, 2009 at 6:32pm
Restrictions: None
I Wish I Was Missing Inaction
There was a competition recently offering something like a year-long free stay on an Australian tropical island in return for regular multi-media blogging to extol the virtues of said paradise.  It is a very good thing I never entered or I'd be locked up in a tropical prison by now for competitive fraud.





My initial enthusiasm for anonymous online consciousness streaming has been rather tempered by the fact that I can't think of anything to say. 





This may well be a good thing, because it means I'm not living in a constant state of anxiety about anything life-threatening unlike the BBC Iraq correspondent who recently wrote a blog on being surrounded by death.  However, it also means that I'm hardly utilising my potential or the opportunities my relative freedom and affluence offer me to DO SOMETHING WITH MY LIFE!!





Is it just me, or is the mark of being a grown-up the point at which (most, but obviously not all) people realise that they're unlikely to become the first woman on the moon or the next Joan of Arc or the best Tina Turner imitator in the world, and acknowledge the fact that they're just, well ... Ordinary?





I've often been tempted to stage a late-late-teenage-rebellion to make up for the one I didn't manage as an actual teenager.  The problem with that is that I still suffer from the same desire to stick to the rules and be good and hardworking and polite as I did when I was young enough to rebel with style, and online anonymity is the greatest risk I've yet taken ...





If you read anything in the news next week about a middle-aged woman clutching a bag of dancing peas, and staging a lone protest against political idiocy in Parliament Square then it might be me.  But, on the other hand, it might not!



© Copyright 2009 Knismo (UN: polly_who at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Knismo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/639952-I-Wish-I-Was-Missing-Inaction