*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644181-i-say-its-a-design-flaw
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1468633
With some disdain and a great deal of steel, she begins again.
#644181 added April 7, 2009 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
i say it's a design flaw
I get that shedding unfertilized eggs is part of the female experience. I get that we need to shed unused life and make room for new. I get that we are essentially machines that consume and excrete and somehow have the ability to feel. What I don't get is why we have to experience pain with it. Why the cramps, God? What's with that? Is it to keep us in our place, to make us wholly aware each twenty-eight days that we are little more than beasts of burden? Do we get extra points on judgment day for this and the fact that we never wage war or pull unsuspecting people into the bushes to rape and sodomize them? Then, you go and give us bloated bellies, creating angry, round, hissing creatures who might pull a man's eyes through his nose if he stands between us and chocolate. It seems so strangely perverse, if you ask me. I see no reason for the pain on top of the inconvenience of stained underwear and seven days of sexlessness. Cramps on top of the smell of hot dog breath from below the equator. Tiny, cyclic births of the dead and never will be's, with low grade labour pains while we're trying to carry on with our other lots in life.

I say unfair, God. I say this seems unnecessary.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


A signature.

© Copyright 2009 katwoman45 (UN: katwoman45 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
katwoman45 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/644181-i-say-its-a-design-flaw