*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645610-the-Phoenix-rises
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1550736
..........
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#645610 added April 17, 2009 at 3:19am
Restrictions: None
...the Phoenix rises
That’s right! He’s back...just when Blogville’s property values had begun to rise. We can’t have THAT happen, nowcan we? *eeeee-vil laughter*

How long has it been anyway? A year? Must be. I think the last time I reported that I was working on a full album of music for Cameron.

I finished that, by the way. Total of 8 months of work. Just in time for the planned Christmas unveiling. Of course, I had to wait until he returned from Tennessee. That felt odd - Christmas without Cam. But hey! He had a good time, and I got to spend it with some great folks up north...so why not? He enjoyed the gift. Actually carried it with him everywhere for the day. He might have listened to it later, I have no idea. *grin*

A lot has happen in the past year. I ended up leaving Red Lobster. Suddenly, too. No, I didn’t get fired. If they wanted to do that, they would have done it long before my final day. Besides, they well knew I was too darn good with the customers with my rather unique way of abusing them. I’m constantly amazed how much crap people WANT to take - anything for a laugh, eh? It works, so I was successful. Well, anyway...the point is I ended up walking out. I saw no choice. The new management they hire is just...sub-par. I swear, all one needs to manage a restaurant is a piece of paper from a third rate school. Knowing the job as well as the ones that’ll be run - obviously not necessary.

Surreal...

I will miss it. I do miss it. The crew was outstanding, and I still maintain contact with some of them. Heck, I even used my Facebook page to put out a “hit” on one of them. A successful hit. “Someone slap Laird on the back of the head and say it was from me,” I wrote. Lo and behold...someone did. Great people.

Well, anyway...

I spent some time unemployed...mainly. I had that tiny gig in Chicago, but it wasn’t enough to do more than pat child support. My savings is gone, as a result. Far longer than expected between gigs. But... Things worked out. I’ll start one job this coming week and probably a second one a week or two later. Balancing two new jobs will be a happy happy joy joy experience, I’m sure. *sarcasm more than implied* But...*sigh*...it’s necessary for now. I’ll be fine. Grumpy, tired, maybe a little wired on yucky coffee but fine nonetheless.

Welcome to the 21st Century US of A!!

Cam’s doing fine. He’s a bit spoiled with some of the extra time I spent with him. Now he’s starting to whine that I’ll be working again. Can’t win with that one, so he’ll just have to learn to deal.

He had his picture in the local paper...again. That’s the fourth time some photog has walked up and asked to do that. Three times for the local paper, once for the Chicago Tribune. For sure, he’s staying far away from LA and New York.

The little guy is also kind of a snob, eh? After the latest picture was snapped, I asked him for an autograph. He asked why. I said this was enough to mean he was going to be famous, so I wanted the first signature. Ya know what he did? REFUSED!! He really did. But he did offer his mother one. Little crud...

Donnell and Barb will be moving into the house sometime this Spring. They had to raise it due tot he new flood zone rules. I call it the tree house now. I might start calling them the Robinsons. That’s still under consideration.

Cam now has a new baby brother. Briley - I think that’s the spelling. Ah, who knows? As I think all babies are, Bri-guy’s a cutie. So now Cam has someone to boss around. Eventually... Right now the little guy makes ALL the demands. *snicker* I sure don’t miss that.

I’ve gone on long enough for now. I’ll try to stop by later...maybe. We’ll see what happens.

© Copyright 2009 Michael Wonch (UN: mikewonch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michael Wonch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/645610-the-Phoenix-rises