*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649605-its-a-dangerous-and-powerful-universe
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1372191
Ohhhhhhhh.
#649605 added May 13, 2009 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
it's a dangerous and powerful universe
My last exam was Monday night. My first day of work is next Monday.

I have this one obligation-free week. I thought I was going to have to parcel out the time very carefully to make the most of it, but as it turns out, I'm totally unaccustomed to having any open time at all, and a little goes a long way.

The thing I scheduled for yesterday--running errands, including hair and Brazilian appointments, grocery shopping, depositing checks--only filled the first four waking hours. I spent the second half of the day eating Lorna Doones and watching the original Star Wars trilogy.

Justin texted from Iowa (he's driving cross-country with his roommate this week) to tell me he saw a baby cow. I texted back from my couch (I was up to the celebration scene on Endor at the end of Return of the Jedi) to tell him I saw a baby Ewok.

I don't care what anyone says, you don't have to be a friendless supernerd to know John Williams wrote a hell of a love theme for Han and Leia. Tell me you don't hear that muted trumpet in your mind every time you're about to kiss someone you know you shouldn't.

© Copyright 2009 mood indigo (UN: aquatoni85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
mood indigo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/649605-its-a-dangerous-and-powerful-universe