*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650902-Awards-Days
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #1469467
Welcome to Whatsit's Wild World.
#650902 added May 21, 2009 at 12:02pm
Restrictions: None
Awards Days
Emily, Anna Claire, and Matt all had Awards Day in the past two weeks, plus Anna Claire's dance class did a performance at her school. Four different shows on four different days within two weeks, so Sam and I had to decide who was showing up to which events. He went to the Awards Days for Anna Claire and Matt, and I went to Anna Claire's dance performance and Emily's Awards Day. The end of the year is the worst time in the world for two teachers to get off work.

Anna Claire and Matt are still at the stage where their teachers make up an award for each student in the classroom.

Matt got the Future Teacher Award. Can you imagine a goofy six-year-old boy getting the Future Teacher Award? Sometimes he reminds me of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes, and his Kindergarten teacher is saying he's a future teacher? God bless his future students if that's the case.

Anna Claire's second-grade teacher did something original: she took the names of candy bars and made awards out of those. You know the Dove chocolate bar? Anna Claire got that award because she's the class peacemaker. If anybody got their feelings hurt or anything like that, she was over there trying to take care of them. She used to be that way for Matt before he got old enough to be irritating. I told my husband that we needed to be glad the teacher didn't give Anna Claire the Airhead award, because she CAN be a little ditz sometimes. What is it about the middle child?

Since Emily is in fifth grade, she got real awards - she got the Science, Math, Social Studies, and all-A honor roll awards. That makes me feel smug, that I produced such a smart child.

And that's the latest news of the Whatsit kids.

© Copyright 2009 Mrs. Whatsit (UN: mrswhatsit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Mrs. Whatsit has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/650902-Awards-Days