*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664464-601-words-20th-august-2009
by Wybo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1580806
This is my daily writing book. The idea being to write at least 500 words a day. Come one!
#664464 added August 20, 2009 at 4:22pm
Restrictions: None
601 words 20th august 2009
The man looked at the boy across the supermarket, the boy noticed the man looking and started to walk towards the exit.


At the door he stopped and looked round, the man was watching him and started to walk towards him. The boy ran out the door and round the corner.


The man started walking faster and when he reached the exit he started to run too. The boy had turned left so he turned left. He saw the boy up ahead turning into a side street and increased his pace. The pavement was busy but not so busy that he couldn’t run at full pace, occasionally swerving and once or twice having to stop to avoid an old woman pushing a trolley. When he turned the corner he had gained on the boy, he could really let his legs go now and knew he could catch him. The boy turned into another side street and looked over his shoulder as he did and he saw how close the man was getting. Now he ran through the gate of a boarded up house and towards the front window which had a small hole in the boards. He wriggled through and headed straight for the stairs.


The man saw him go there and slowed down, no need to run now. He walked up to the house, through the gate and up to the boarded window. The hole was too small for him to get through so he pulled at the edge of the board trying to make the space bigger.


‘Oi! ‘ from the window upstairs. He looked up and saw the boy leaning out


‘Don’t make so much noise you stupid old man, wait there and someone will come down.’


He waited. After a few minutes he heard the front door open. The boy came out and beckoned him, turning and walking back into the house. The man followed, cautiously. As he stepped inside he realised that he couldn’t see, there were no lights and the windows were all boarded up. The boy shouted from upstairs ‘come on, we haven’t got all day.’


He stumbled towards the staircase tripping on something soft on the floor. He grabbed the banister as he climbed the stairs, but pulled his hand away quickly, as it was covered in a thick sticky substance.


When he got to the top of the stairs he started to acclimatise to the light and he could see two doors ahead off the corridor. He walked down towards them, opening the first door on the left. It seemed to be empty but smelled awful. He closed the door and crossed the corridor to the other door, opening it.


The boy was there standing by a white metal table. Next to the table was a man in a white doctors scrubs which were stained with awful coloured filthy substances. He had a scalpel and what looked like saw on a metal tray in front of him.


The man turned to go, this was not possible, he couldn’t do this.


‘Oi!, get back here, you idiot. You wanna see your wife again don’t you?’ The man nodded. ‘Well get here then, take your shirt off and lie down on the table, NOW!’


The man took off his jacket and shirt and walked towards the table as the Filthy doctor started the electric saw. It whined like a high pitched dentist drill as he was strapped to the table face down. As the saw cut into his flesh he saw his wife’s wedding ring in the filthy blood soaked gutter on the floor.











** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **





Steve Wybourn





** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2009 Wybo (UN: wybell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wybo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664464-601-words-20th-august-2009