*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664968-Fear-of-Flying
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Family · #1593865
Daily blog/ ramblings of a wife/mother about life friendship and family drama
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#664968 added August 24, 2009 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
Fear of Flying
One of my daughters biggest fears is flying. She makes a trip home from China once per year which involves several flights each way. She has been home now since June 9th and her trip here was unusually uneventful even quite pleasant she said. Well Saturday she started her long journey back to where she lives in China.  The first flight started out stranded on the tarmac for two hours and passengers being told that the brakes malfunctioned and A/C was out!  Thankfully everything was fixed and she landed in Atlanta fine. Her second leg of this trip home has now had a rocky start as well, leaving just this morning, two hours into the flight when some poor women has a heart attack and the plane has to make an emergency landing in Minnesota.The take offs and landings are the hardest for her and this just caused an additional one of each. She still has at least 12 hours left on this flight to Shanghi and then one more from Shanghi to Chengdu. Then a two hour bus ride to her village and then a 10 minute walk with hords of luggage to her school and up three flights of stairs! I would have done this one time and quit, but not my girl. I worry so much about my daughter and I think she needs stop flying to China before she gives me a heart attack.

Selania

© Copyright 2009 Idle Thoughts (UN: selania at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Idle Thoughts has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664968-Fear-of-Flying