*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665100-Monday-Aug-24
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#665100 added August 25, 2009 at 10:12am
Restrictions: None
Monday Aug 24
I forgot to write what happened on Sunday. On the Way to Dallas there was an accident and we were so thankful that we got all the decorationg done on Sat. We had time to bring everything in and get upstairs to service. My Sister and her convoy was about 10 minutes late. The service was good and we sang all mom and dad's favorite songs, some are ours too. Afterward we rushed downstairs and began putting food into bowls and plating the cheese and stuff. By about 1:00 or a little before we were ready. We expected about 75-100 and made food accordingly, we ended up with about 60-65 with the kids. We did our speeches and songs and presentations andby about 3:00 or so we were done and cleaning up. Everyone had a great time and we were satisfied that Mother was happy. There were no problems, issues and on Monday she called to thank me (and I am sure she called the others too) and we went over everything again. I am so happy that she had a good time. Dad is a people person and I know he loved it. He ate and was feeling good and the fact that God had undertaken and he is on the mend is a miracle. We go to the Dr this Fri and I can't wait to see what the Dr says when we tell him all that Dad is eating and he isn't taking anything through his feeding tube!!!


It is clean up day. I cam home with enough Chicken pasta salad to feed another 75 people!!! I have 2 gallon mayo jars filled, 2 1/2 gal tubs, 2 qwuart tubs, 2 lg coolwhip tubs, 2 medium Tupper bowls and odds and end of bowls. I gave the two coolwhip tubs to a friend, the Tupper bowl to my sister (who gave me a LARGE Tupper bowl of watermelon balls!!!) I have sent one full quart container with hubby to work plus a small container for him. I still have lots of salad.


The thing about this salad is presentation and taste. 1) it is made with Rosa Maria (orzo) pasta. It looks like long rice. It has large chunks of chicken I got from the United Grocer/Cash & carry. Chopped celery and pimento. That is all the stuff that is in it. The mix is equal parts of May and Miracle whip, white pepper, lemon (I used some lime also) and salt. That is it! the mixture is a slight tangy flavor. It was a hit, next to my sister's broccoli bacon salad!


Okay our family is all about food. We take after our father on that score! until tomorrow
© Copyright 2009 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665100-Monday-Aug-24