*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665238-765-words---26th-august-2009
by Wybo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1580806
This is my daily writing book. The idea being to write at least 500 words a day. Come one!
#665238 added August 26, 2009 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
765 words -26th august 2009
Shortly after she’d finished with Graham, she went back down into the village and looked for someone else. It didn’t take long. As she approached the local pub she saw a tall bearded man with wellies on slowly making his way to the pub. She stopped him before he went in and asked fro directions. That was it, simple. She stared at him while he told her where to go and then as she took him by the hand and walked back towards the woods he just followed, offering no resistance and saying nothing, just like the others. He looked at the ground most of the time and didn’t even respond when Jess shouted his name. By then she’d recognised him as Jack – not that she knew him well but he was usually a friendly bloke, wouldn’t generally ignore you if you said hello. He didn’t even seem to hear though. She did though. She darted a look in Jess’s direction and she ducked down behind the tractor where she’d been watching from. There was a flash or glint from her eyes, something like a cat’s when you shine a light on them when it was dark. Scared her enough that she decide to go home for reinforcements. Craig, laughed at first when she told him what she thought.


         ‘So you reckon she’s killing them do you? How do work that out?’


         ‘You have to see them, the way they look when she takes them up there, just silent and meek.’


         ‘Ha! Meek you say. Maybe they just can’t believe their luck. Is she pretty then this mystery woman?’


         ‘It’s not that...’


         ‘Is she pretty?’


         ‘Well yeah, stunning...’


         ‘There you go.’


         ‘For god’s sake Uncle Craig, I’m not that stupid.’


         ‘Look, men are like that Jessica, especially Jack, he must have though it was Christmas. No wonder he was keeping his head down when you shouted out. Closest he’s ever got to  a bit..’


         ‘Ok! Stop, please. I get it. I am 14 you know. I understand.’


         ‘Do you now? Well you shouldn’t.’


         ‘Look, just humour me will you?’


         She managed to persuade him to come and see for himself, and whatever he decided, she’d accept it and promise not to keep going on about it. As they approached the tractor where she’d hidden before, they saw her coming down the hill from the woods again. Jessica pointed.


         ‘Keep quiet and just watch what she does.’


         Craig stayed standing staring.


         ‘I see what you mean. Wow! She’s gorgeous.’


         Jess pulled him down holding a finger to her lips. They watched through the wheel arch as she went past then moved round the other side of the tractor to avoid being caught out. This time she waited outside a phone box. Someone was in there, they  couldn’t see who at first.


         ‘It’s that old poofter, what’s his name?’ said Craig.


         Jessica dug him in the ribs.


         ‘Don’t say that word. Herman is Gay, not a poofter.’


         ‘La-di-da. Well whatever, he’s not going to be interested however gorgeous she is.’


         As they watched Herman came out of the phone box and seemed a little startled to see someone there waiting. They saw the woman speak to him, he nodded his head a few times, and then she took him by the hand and started walking up towards the woods again.


         ‘Bloody hell,’ said Craig.


         ‘See! I told you.’


         ‘Doesn’t prove anything though does it?’


         Why would he go with her then? Not for sex obviously.’


         ‘Jessica!’


         ‘What?’


         ‘Look I don’t know, but whatever it is I don’t think we should be standing here watching. Your Mum would be pretty peeved to hear about this. I should be looking after you not helping you to spy on some stranger.’


         ‘But she’s doing something dodgy, must be. This is the third man she’s taken up and the others haven’t come back down you know.’


         Craig persuaded her that he’d wait until she came back again, if she did, and then he’d get his car and drive up to the woods while she was in the village. See if he could find all these men. Only on the condition that she went home, straight home. Jessica hated the idea and insisted that she should go, after all she’d been the one who’d discovered it. Craig wouldn’t hear of it and said f she didn’t go now he’d have to go and fetch her mum.


So now she was waiting at home, trying to sleep but really hoping that Craig would text her, as he’d promised, as soon as found something.











** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **





Steve Wybourn





** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2009 Wybo (UN: wybell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wybo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/665238-765-words---26th-august-2009