*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669572-September-27---Beach
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1595043
Entries made during Leger's 15 for 15 Contest.
#669572 added September 28, 2009 at 6:11am
Restrictions: None
September 27 - Beach
The beach loomed over the drive like a beacon through a storm. Josie could feel her hands tighten on the steering wheel as she lifted her foot slowly off the accelerator. This might be her last chance, she thought as she stepped of the car. This might be her one shot a making things better.

The first drift of breeze that brushed through the dark strands of her mahogany hair sent a little tickle down her spine, even through her black suit jacket. Wanting, no needing, to feel that beautiful sensation against her skin, Josie hurriedly undressed right in the middle of the driveway, ditching her jacket, her tailored shirt, her pressed pants, and her expensive high heels in a pile next to her left, front tire.

Freedom put a bounce to her step as she walked around the back of the beach cottage to the sands below. The grains felt wonderfully warm between her toes. Walking to the shoreline she dared to wiggle them in playfulness. My God, how long had it been since she truly in enjoyed the world around her.

A lone wooden recliner stood just high enough on the sand dunes not to reach the water. A single tropical beach towel lay across the back and snorkeling equipment sat idly in the seat. Looking down at the swimsuit she'd worn under her regular suit, Josie debated whether to lay our under the glory of the sun or to dive deep into the crystal blue waters known only to have been touched by the Gods.

This was her moment - the last chance at salvation. Snorkel gear in hand, Josie sauntered slowly to the water, stepping in only to get her ankle wet. This week was going to be her depressurize zone from the job that seemed to be kicking her behind lately. No longer the maverick of her company, she needed to make a new move - find some type of new understanding within herself.

And there, on the white sands and crystal blue waters, staring off into a sunset that will never shine exactly the same way again, Josie took a deep breath and found her redemption.
© Copyright 2009 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/669572-September-27---Beach