*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672033-because-i-promised
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#672033 added October 16, 2009 at 7:26pm
Restrictions: None
because i promised
Ok - I promised Aero i would try to blog daily -- soooo (big sigh) here i am.

After spending the day with my mother I've realized that she is completely the most easily manipulated person in the world. (it wasn't me doing the manipulation this time)

My sociopathic (no, this isn't an exagerration) sister called her about 10 times while we were over there. She wanted mom to take her to the Volley ball game with her and dad tomorrow. When mom said no this escalated to if you don't i'll be so miserable I'll kill myself. Before you guys start feeling sorry for her, please realize this is just an attention seeking threat. The times she has tried she's done so in front of people so that she wouldn't actually die because in her own words, "I'm not crazy, I love myself too much to kill myself. I just needed to get my way/attention."

So anyhoo, as the phone calls go on and my mom is about to give in - i ask my mom when my sister is saying she's going to kill herself. She looks at me seriously and says, "Well, she goes to work at 5:00 - so some time after she gets home." Okay, let's all pause for a minute and examine this. If i'm going to kill myself my last act in life is sure as hell not going to be working. So, I mention the absurdity of this to my mom, who responds, "well, she needs the money." What are we missing here? She's going to go make minimum wage for 3 1/2 hours, because she needs that $21.00 for what after she supposedly kills herself.

Yes, I know I sound callous. And i'm not going to make any excuses. I have none. I never thought I'd feel this way, but then again life has shown me a lot of things i didn't think i'd discover.

On a happier note - i know i'm 40 but i love the show icarly.

love you guys!

© Copyright 2009 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/672033-because-i-promised