*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679156-Giants-decide-to-move-in
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1625129
Book version of my John Wolfstone story
#679156 added December 8, 2009 at 4:39pm
Restrictions: None
Giants decide to move in
As it turned out, John did have some company waiting for him.

The giant couple from the other day was sitting at the one table that John had outside. John just shook his head and laughed.

“Kid, you best get Tawna and wake Julia up, though you best be a little bit careful with her, find a window and watch,” he said. “This is going to be interesting.”

At this, Justian then went inside as John walked to the table. When John got to the table, he grew to the same size as the giants and sat down on the side opposite of them.

“Have you read the forms?” he asked.

“We did,” the man said. “And while I personally don’t like some of the rules you have written down on them, I think I understand them. After all, as a stockbroker I’d want to make sure I got the maximum return on something I have invested in. You don’t want to have to find someone else to replace someone that we ate, who was renting out one of your homes.”

“Well, that would part of it," John said. "However, my late parents wanted something bigger and better than me just being a landlord, way bigger. Their dream was so big, not even the world could compare to it in size and scope.”

“Oh, what was it?” the woman asked.

At this, John just smiled and said, “For people to see the real truth and realize what they have done, not only to themselves, but to others as well.”

“What do you mean by that?” the man asked.

John just looked at him and said, “Let’s just say it is a really painful experience for a young one to go through. An older person though, well, he, or she, may kill him/herself before it is over.”

“Why do you say that?” the woman asked.

“Yah, I could handle anything thrown at me,” the man said.

“The experience is not a physical one,” said John. “No, it is one of the mind, and of the spirit. The person must admit the truth about their selves, or risk becoming suicidal, and even then, the person’s pain will last for the rest of their lives.”

With that, John sighed, heavily.

“I experienced it when I was seven,” he said. “I’ve been dealing with the pain since then, though there are times it increases in strength, after I have to do something I hate. It is a pain I wouldn’t wish on anyone, but people must experience it, so that others in the future will never have a reason to even feel a portion of it.”

“Well, what is it that we’d have to experience to even feel this pain, so we can avoid it?” the man asked.

John looked at him and said, “See through the eyes of a human and you will find out. Once you do that, there is no going back.”

With that, the couple placed their final signatures on the forms and started making the arrangement to have their stuff moved into their new home.

When they were done making the arrangements, the woman asked, “Could you tell me about that human girl you have?”

“What do you want to know about her?” John asked.

“Well, where did you get her?" the woman asked. "She doesn’t look like she’s your daughter.”

“Well, a really long story really short," John said. "Is this, she’s my best friend’s niece, his sister and brother-in-law were murdered, and he can’t take care of her so he asked me to.”

“That sounds a little weird to be true,” the woman said.

“Yah, I know," John said, with a chuckle. "But the long version, that is even stranger.”

“Just how strange is it?” the female giant asked.

“Let’s just say it makes a couple of half humans, one part giant, the other part werewolf, getting together, adopting hundreds of children, finally having one of their own after forty years of trying, and that child being able to turn into a werewolf, a giant, and a giant werewolf seem normal in comparison," John said, with another chuckle. "And that in itself sounds too strange to be true but it is.”

“So, who is this friend of yours?” the woman asked.

“He is one very powerful wizard," John said. "He’s also the last guy I’d ever want to anger. In fact, I expect him to show up any second to tell me about his search for his sister’s killers.”

Suddenly, a cloud of pitch black smoke appeared on the table.

“Someone called for me,” said a deep voice, followed by a cough.

“Honey, you put too much black powder in that smokescreen, more than you normally do,” said a coughing female voice.

“I’d have to agree with Clara on that one,” said John, who took a slow breath to blow the smoke away.

However, the sight John saw shocked him. James’s face had more than a few fresh scars, and Clara seemed to be all over his entire body, carefully controlling his movements. It was as if he was in a full body, but mobile, cast.

“James,” John exclaimed, “What in the hell happened to you?!?”

At this, James just chuckled as best as he could, and said, “Nothing that a month of Clara’s tender loving care won’t fix. For a bunch of non-magical humans, those two murderers were full of deadly tricks, and treachery. I guess if it weren’t for Clara’s ability to mimic anything, and if I didn’t have magic, I’d be dead. But as it is, I’ve got two test subjects to perform experiments on. Now I won’t have to pay someone to test out my potions, and other such things. Well, while it is good to see you again John, but I best be off. You know how uncomfortable I get around giants, even those who are my friends.”

With that, James and Clara disappeared, in an even bigger cloud of smoke than they had arrived in.

“Way too much smoke James,” John said, with a chuckle. “Guy’s got a habit of showing off, especially when there is a woman watching him.”

“How long has he been like that?” the giantess asked.

“He’s been like that ever since I met him ten years ago, at the very least," John said. "Trust me when I say his exploits on campus are legendary, most likely even now.”

“Why? What did he do?” the woman asked.

“Well, let me just say this," John said, with a smile, as he remembered the first time he saw the wizard. "The first time I encountered him, an angry male giant was trying to destroy the room I was assigned to use. The reason was because my roommate had ‘stolen’ his girlfriend. However, no matter how hard he tried, the guy couldn’t do a thing to damage the place. When he told me why he was trying to destroy the room, I offered to give him a hand, walked in, and tossed my roommate out into the hallway. Of course, I did that, on the condition that the giant wouldn’t kill or eat the guy. Needless to say, my roommate practically shit his pants, when he saw that guy grinning down at him, and picked him up, and then dropped him into the room. It was the funniest thing I’d ever seen. Unfortunately, it seemed like I had to deal with something like that every week. Then the guy had the audacity to put a barrier on the girls’ locker room, preventing the girls from leaving until they stripped in front of him, and got kissed by, and had sex with, him. I mean, this barrier was so good, not even the teachers who knew magic could break it down, and no man could enter, or even any female teachers. Of course, as his roommate, I had seen a picture of his mother and I knew a ‘female’ shape-shifter, so I had a chat with her and she took the form of his mother and went into the locker room. Well, the guy broke a few records, one for the fifty yard dash, one for taking down a barrier spell, and all while in his birthday suit.”

At this, the woman started laughing.

“Are you serious? The guy was naked?” she asked.

“The whole time,” said John, with a smile, and chuckled himself. “After all, wouldn’t you run if someone, who looked an awful lot like your father, wanted to have sex with you?”

“Well, yah, but I wouldn’t do it naked,” the wouman said, as she started to chuckle.

Then, the two just broke out in laughter.

Then John said, “Well, I best let you and your husband finish moving your belongings here. If you, or your husband, have any questions, come and see me.”

“Actually," the woman said, as she was calming her laughter down. "My husband and I do kind of have a question about what we are to eat.”

“Oh, well if you want to know the things that you are allowed to eat, here are some pictures of the kinds of creatures you can hunt down," John said, as he handed the woman some pictures of the various wild amimals. "As for their size, I know a few spells that can make things larger or smaller, not that I’ve had much of a reason to use them, considering I can change my size on my own.”

“Well, tell me," the woman said. "What is it like to change size? I mean, it has to be dangerous to be human size.”

“Well, to me, being human is not dangerous," John said. "I once beat a giant cousin of mine while I was human sized. Of course, I am naturally quite strong, no matter what form I’m in. As for size changing, well, I find it useful to scare people off. After all, weren’t you and your husband nervous when you saw me change sizes the other day?”

“Yes," the woman said. "But you had also turned into a giant werewolf as well.”

“True, but your husband needed to realize just who he was dealing with," John said. "Now, if he had spoken to me as if I was an equal in the first place, I would not have bothered to transform. To be honest, I prefer to either be human, or a giant or a werewolf. My giant-werewolf form is just out of place with society, though it is one very effective way to scare the living daylights out of someone, like a misbehaving student.”

“Well, I best be off Mr. Wolfstone," the giantess woman said. "See you later.”
© Copyright 2009 BIG BAD WOLF Happy July 4th! (UN: alockwood1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BIG BAD WOLF Happy July 4th! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/679156-Giants-decide-to-move-in