*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682794-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1411600
The Good Life.
#682794 added January 7, 2010 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
Resign from Abbott by 3/1/10.
In progress and on schedule.

Brand the biz(es.)
I have a meeting scheduled with my boss at the studio this morning. At the recommendation of her accountant and attorneys, she is converting teachers from contractor (1099) status to employee (W2) status. I have to meet her to sign a new contract, as a result of the change. But she mentioned in her email: "Because I have to pay as an employer costs above what I will deduct as taxes, I will need to adjust your per lesson fees slightly." She asked us to come to the meeting "open-minded" about alternatives.

Now, normally, when an employer incurs new costs, the costs are passed on to the customers, not the employees.

Pretty good incentive for picking up more private students?

Business: Music Instruction Books.
*Pencil* In progress... but I probably won't get back to it until next Wednesday. I need to finish my Textbroker DirectOrders first.

Launch one new Praise Band song per month.
*Pencil* Pending: "I Will Rise" on 1/24.

Post at WordPress at least once per week.
*Pencil* I have been sleeping. Almost literally since I blogged yesterday. *Pthb* I did wake long enough to go sing at bd's, which was a blazing success! They loved me... except for an elderly couple who complained that I was too loud. I adjusted down a little. *Smile* I need to find the right amp settings for that space, and it doesn't help that my ears are clogged with sinus pressure. But they asked for upbeat, and I gave them upbeat. The "grillaz" were singing along here and there. I offered to hand over the microphone, but the manager didn't think that was a good idea. *Bigsmile*

I love that restaurant. It's like Southwest Airlines: the definition of a fun place to work.

Achieve a weight of 145.0 by 3/31/10.
Weight: 155.2
Meals:
4:30am Chex mix (4)
5:30am Mints (1)
7:30am Coffee (1)

Write new lyrics once per week.
*Check* Goal met: "Winter's Escape [E]. I'm not entirely pleased, but I was (legally) stoned when I wrote it. I'd call it a WIP, but then I wouldn't meet my goal. *Rolleyes* It's in the repertoire. It will probably get an overhaul when and if I ever set it to music.

*Writing* one new original song per month.
*Pencil* Pending.

Launch one new Potbelly song per week.
*Pencil* Pending.

Sure enough, the codeine knocked me out cold yesterday. I took it at 11:00am, then tried to crank out that Cramp entry. I still have five TB articles to write, and I didn't touch my music instruction books. Stupid virus. *kicks*

© Copyright 2010 BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ (UN: tuozzo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
BrandiwynšŸŽ¶ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/682794-Thursday