*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683564-Resurrection
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(257)
by Dave
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1236257
A log of the magnificent journey across the vast sea of my imagination.
#683564 added January 12, 2010 at 9:56pm
Restrictions: None
Resurrection.
Lo and behold! Once again, the sacred phoenix rises from the ashes.

Long ago, this online project was abandoned as a seemingly unnecessary redundant duplication of efforts carried out in my real-life, brick-and-mortar world. I keep a daily planner religiously to identify goals and monitor progress. The fleeting impressions of daily life and whimsical fantasies conjured by my Muse are captured in the pads I carry in my shirt pocket, stow in my car, and keep by the bed. Those notes are then duly transferred to ongoing projects or stashed in folders aptly labeled for future reference.

I have no trouble hearing the Muse. He screams from those folders, demanding attention, just like the fireflies I tried to catch in my mom’s canning jars as a child--flashing here and disappearing, then blinking over there and disappearing--hauntingly taunting me to chase them through the darkness of the night. My mind constantly swims in that ocean of fantasy and adventure. If I stop swimming, I’ll drown.

The one element missing from this physical environment of paper, pen, desk, and file cabinets is the meditation that leads to a deeper awareness. That’s the reason I enrolled in The Journey workshop. I need to develop that quiet discipline which will seal the hull of my vessel and enable me to continue this magnificent voyage across that turbulent sea. This is not a new journey; it is a new phase of a journey begun many years ago.

So let’s cast off the bowline and sail away from the safe harbor. I’m counting on my shipmates to help me stay afloat as we explore the realm of the unknown and soar into the future.

Imagine. Soaring over the ocean in a royal blue ragtop wagon. Imagine.

© Copyright 2010 Dave (UN: drschneider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dave has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/683564-Resurrection