*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684608-Relativity-Multivalence--Travelin-on
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(257)
by Dave
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1236257
A log of the magnificent journey across the vast sea of my imagination.
#684608 added January 21, 2010 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Relativity, Multivalence & Travelin' on.
Two days ago, the record-setting stretch of frigid weather finally broke, and I went about running my errands without having to wear even a jacket, a welcome relief after the many layers needed over the past few weeks. It was a pure joy. Okay. I know. “Frigid” is one of those relative terms that depend upon your point of view. The folks in Minnesota would surely have called it “balmy," considering what they had to endure, but they and their homes are much better prepared to deal with such a frontal attack by old man winter.

Today, gray skies brought rain to keep us cooped up again, but that’s probably a good thing, because I had chores and assignments to get done. Moderate temps kept the experience tolerable, and we look forward to sunshine returning tomorrow.

The theory of relativity intersects with the multivalence concept on our journey as the poet tries to climb that trail between the ravine of the worst and the pinnacle of the best, as seen through the lens of each individual’s perception. While the “Multivalence” article looks at the concept through the narrow scope of poetry, I prefer to roam freely across the entire realm of creativity, where all the same principles still apply.

Now, it’s time to travel on past the milestone of Concept 101 to the village of Application. Upon boarding the bus, I was asked whether the destination meant more than the travel, “either poetic or in actual travel.” In poetry, it is definitely the journey, because I rarely linger once a deadline has been met, even when a little more polishing could make a piece shine a bit brighter. In actual travel, the hassles resulting from security threats and the economy have stripped most of the pleasure from the traveling part, so the only reason I go these days is to spend time with the people waiting for me, regardless of where that may be. Gone are the days when I would get in the car, turn on the ignition and ask, “Where to today?”

© Copyright 2010 Dave (UN: drschneider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dave has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/684608-Relativity-Multivalence--Travelin-on