*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685487-diet-vs-healthy-lifestyle
by spidey
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1207864
If you don't have a dream, how are you going to make a dream come true?
#685487 added January 27, 2010 at 8:18am
Restrictions: None
diet vs healthy lifestyle
My husband and I avoid the "d" word like the plague. The word "diet" implies denying yourself, feeling hungry, and eating bland, boring foods. (It also implies that once you lose x-amount of weight, that you can go back to eating "normally.") "Diet" is a very bad word...

Instead, we're focusing on living a healthier lifestyle. We're working on being more active and making healthier choices when it comes to eating. We're doing this so that we feel better about ourselves.

That being said, the first few weeks were easy, and now it's getting more difficult. We both feel hungry between meals... and we're disappointed by the end of the day that we can't have more. I think we just hit a rough spot... and we need more variety! Packing the same lunch for a few weeks gets boring. I've got to look for ways to spice things up a bit! *Smile*

I finished my first 30-day challenge on the Wii game, EA Sports Active. It was fun and challenging. I'm looking forward to starting another one with my sister on Monday. I did a custom workout today because I kind of missed them. *Laugh*

Haven't done this in a bit, so I'll just start with yesterday:

Nutrition:
Breakfast: coffee, Fiber One Honey Clusters with soy milk, a banana, Trop50 orange juice
Lunch: hard-boiled egg, big salad of spring mix & spinach with broccoli, craisins & honey-roasted pecans and zesty italian dressing, tuna salad on Arnold's Sandwich Thin, 4 strawberries and 1 cup of grapes
Dinner: Pan-fried tilapia, baked potato (with light sour cream), wild & brown rice mix, 1/4 cup cream-style corn
Snack: tootsie roll & roll of smarties (I'm surprised I didn't snack more in the evening, especially after learning of the passing of one of my aunts)

Today's breakfast & lunch will be pretty much the same as yesterday, except for lite turkey on the sandwich thin (Dietz & Watson makes some great low-cal & low-fat lunchmeats), a grapefruit instead of strawberries, and I'll have a cup of leftover tortellini soup for dinner.

Fitness:
Yesterday, I did 12 minutes of Yoga and 8 minutes of Aerobics on the Wii Fit Plus, totaling 20 minutes and 40 calories burned.
This morning, I did a custom workout on EA Sports Active, totaling 21 minutes and 72 calories burned.


For anyone who might be interested in two of the leading Wii fitness games, I wrote product reviews for them:

ASIN: B002BS47JE
ID #110263
Product Type: Video Games
Reviewer: spidey
Review Rated: E
  Setting:
  Story Plot:
  Length of :
  Usefulness:
  Overall Quality:
Amazon's Price: Price N/A

ASIN: B001MBUGLY
ID #110262
Product Type: Video Games
Reviewer: spidey
Review Rated: E
  Setting:
  Story Plot:
  Length of :
  Usefulness:
  Overall Quality:
Amazon's Price: Price N/A



To find motivation to continue when I'm stuck in a rut, I remind myself of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. I don't feel as tired as I used to, as I've found myself having much more energy. I don't get sick as often (one minor cold in the past 3 years), and I'm able to do things like crouch in one place or walk (and shop!) for long periods of time, without getting tired or sore.

(I've also started upping my calories just a little. I aim for the high end of my calorie range, 1690, rather than the low end, and my weight has remained the same.)

© Copyright 2010 spidey (UN: spidergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spidey has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/685487-diet-vs-healthy-lifestyle