*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688416-705-words-23rd-feb-2010
by Wybo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1580806
This is my daily writing book. The idea being to write at least 500 words a day. Come one!
#688416 added February 23, 2010 at 1:16pm
Restrictions: None
705 words 23rd feb 2010
Virtual reality was only virtual as long as you knew it. Or maybe not, who knows, but it sounded good. She thought she’d try it out on Hank tonight, he loved all that philosophical bullshit, what’s the meaning of life, all that shit. Still he wasn’t just a nerd, thank god, he was pretty cool too sometimes. One of the new breed of cool-nerd that had somehow sprung up. Now cool dudes were a bit like nerds, not cool at all, just a bit of a cliché, like that dufus Gregor who stood around with an eyebrow raised and expected you to go t him. Well not you but girls and they did, of course but still eh was the new nerd and Hank was the new cool dude, with all the benefits of the nerds intelligence and egghead skills. Plus, another new nerdy thing which maybe just Hank, who cared he was her Hank anyway. He was hunky Hank. Hank was damn hunky. Maybe she’d just got  a little confused and Hank has always been a hunky cool guy and , no, that made no sense. She knew he was egghead nerd first and hunky hank with a reserved laid back not expecting you to go to him but very welcoming when you did, kind of hunky Hank second.





Still she wondered if this machine she’d tried out as part of the science project, the very one in fact that Hank had warned her against getting involved in now she came to think of it, she had hoped, now it seemed foolishly, to impress him and learn something but now she was wondering if this headset and virtual world which she’d been living in for the last 48 hours or so hadn’t made her just a little bit mental. I mean, thinking back to what she’d just been thinking, nerdy hunk Hank, versus so called cool dude who was now not cool, what the fuck was she on about.





This was what Hank had warned her about, they didn’t have enough safeguards he’d said in his clever caring nerdy way, don’t trust what they say or what they promise you. The fact is they will ask you to sign a disclaimer (they had) and they don’t know what the effect is of some of there gizmos. Its dangerous babe, he’d said, slightly uncool that ‘babe’ but she’d let him off.





So now, looking back, actually literally looking back at her bizarre thoughts which she now seemed able to do in this virtual world; she could se them up on a screen and they were moving around then coming towards her and swirling around her head. She could feel the texture of them as they brushed past, some were sandy and some were a little bit silky, a few were warm and someone were sharp and cold, ice cold.


She decided it was time to get the fuck out of there after cuddling a few of her thoughts in the corner of the room for an hour or so. She was particularly attracted to one of the thoughts she’d had about Hank being hunky and clever, couldn’t let go of that one easily. In the end she put it down and watched i slowly plod away into the distance, occasionally looking back and giving her a cute little wave.


She almost ran after it and grabbed hold of it but if you love someone, or something or some little cute thought, then you had to set them free, didn’t you?


So, how to get out. If she remembered rightly the scary untrustworthy science guy said all she needed to do was go to the screen and wave at them and they would switch it off immediately but she tried that hours ago, at least she think she did or maybe she’d thought about what he said and wasn’t sure if she remembered it right. Whoa, what was that. Looking at that thought she noticed it was like a small labyrinth and she broke off thoughts of leaving to spend a few minutes or hours or as long as she felt, exploring that and working out what led to where. This was a cool cool place.








** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **





Steve Wybourn





** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

© Copyright 2010 Wybo (UN: wybell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wybo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/688416-705-words-23rd-feb-2010