*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689196-Caution-music
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1634307
Kalar's journey to freedom from his past in his attempt to save the multiverse from peril.
#689196 added March 3, 2010 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
Caution: music
I feel the need to bring to your attention a silent epidemic that is plaguing the modern world.





It's a well-known fact that the music industry has been inserting subliminal messaging into music since the late 1950's. While occasionally these messages have far reaching goals, such as brainwashing people into joining the armed forces or getting a generation of movers and thinkers to squander their potential by initiating a drug habit through the use of binaural beats to mimic mind altering substances, most of these messages simply force the public to buy more and consume more. The target audience of today's popular radio is 13-25 year olds, 25 being the age that the brain's neural pathways become immutably set. By ingraining these subliminal messages in its audience, the music industry secures a generation of music consumers. This situation in itself is a problem, but what can anyone do? One can't deafen one's self with, for example, golf pencils, just think of the very good reasons not to that I am currently unable to propose at the moment as I am listening to Poker Face.





The situation of which I wish to advise you, the audience, is the effect of such programming on the very young. Children, whose brains are as mutable and squishy as play-doh left on the radiator, are highly sensitive to this programming, and may experience overwhelming feelings of love, grief, and longing.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCm8tdHkfI&feature=related





Many of you are probably already familiar with this case study, but hopefully, framed in this context, one might see the true forces at work in which the feelings of three-year-old girl are just more casualties and prevent it from happening in the future.





P-p-p-poker face, p-p-poker face.


(Mum mum mum mah.)

© Copyright 2010 giraffe1089 (UN: giraffe1089 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
giraffe1089 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/689196-Caution-music