*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690287-Orion
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1631466
"Still defying fortune's spite; revive from ashes and rise."
#690287 added March 14, 2010 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
Orion
((The Music))
Today was one of those days where I couldn't decide if I wanted to listen to the original or the cover. Usually I side with the original as covers have a tendency to blow major cheese by people who do not have a clue how to write a song or sing one for that matter. For example, I can no longer listen to "I Love Rock N' Roll" by Joan Jett because a singer who will never be named in my blog decided to pollute it with her dirty, psycho fingers. I cringe now.

"Orion" is one of the rare exceptions. First cover as an instrumental by the "kick-assedness" of Metallica, it was later redone on the Rodrigo y Gabriela's first album. As they first started out as a hard rock band out of Mexico City before finding their niche on the streets of Dublin doing flamenco music, I think they understood the essence of the song.

You can shred, then soothe. I suggest listening and comparing. Which one do you like better?

((The Life))
Today was a prep for St. Patty's Day.

I bought some corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes at the grocery store this afternoon. The Munchkin (my mom) wants to get boozy with Bailey's and whiskey. She wants me to get my system ready for Ireland in a few months.

Not too sure about that as I have to take a bus the nest day. It'll be fun watching her get tipsy though, lol. She rarely drinks, and can hold her own against most grown men when she does. But I have a feeling that she's looking to get good and truly sloshed. We've lost many a good people lately. It's a delayed wake if you will.

I don't drink. Not that I can't, I'm just not a huge fan of the alcohol. I'll have a glass every once in a while of weak wine with my mom, or maybe a half glass of beer with my friends. My favorite, an aged glass of scotch or whiskey happens in a blue moon. I'm a drag that way. Sue me.

The grocery shopping also proved a good trip as I'm still playing cook for the convent before I head up north. The house feels weird without Junie. Still, people need to eat and I love to cook for them. Everything works in the wash that way.

Sunday was a good day of rest for the most part. A nice reprieve after Saturday. Enjoy your week, everyone.

© Copyright 2010 LdyPhoenix (UN: ldyphoenix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LdyPhoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/690287-Orion