*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692084-Becoming-a-better-friend
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#692084 added April 2, 2010 at 4:20pm
Restrictions: None
Becoming a better friend
We have had a blackout since yesterday that lasted a record 8hrs to say am pissed off would be an understatement. I haven't had a long holiday for so long and when i finally get it this is what happens? I don't know what i ever did to these people, or what they have against me. Anyway i am changing and i won't let a small issue lke that keep me from enjoying myself this easter break. I spoke to my big brother today, i don't think my mind has really registered the fact that he is almost 1500km away. I keep thinking he's still around just busy with work and other stuff. He tells us they're in autumn right now, where i come from its either raining or sunny so this whole business of seasons is kind of new to me..to all of us. My mum was going on and on about how he should start looking for warm clothes to wear. He is a big boy, he can take care of himself but try telling that to my mum. As long as he is still unmarried and perhas even after i think it doesn't make much difference to her. She still sees the little boy in him. Not that i blame her, maybe when i become a parent some day i'll understand this fascination parents have for their children. My best friend and his girlfriend broke up yesterday. When he called me with the news i thought it was a prank, he was in tears and sounded so tired and sad my heart lept up for him. I wish i could hug him and tell him everything is going to be ok. He is so heartbroken and so lost, the best i can do is be there for him and give him my support. At times i want to shake him so hard and tell him its not the end, life still goes on and he's stronger than he thinks or feels. I just don't know how to get through to him. It hurts a lot becase he's been there for me and i want to return the favour i just don't know how. When will all this ever end. I read a book called The Little Prince today, and his love for a flower so common yet unique unlike all others. I want to be the same for my best friend that's why i picked up that book today. The lesson the prince learns from the Fox is that -the heart sees rightly what is essentially invisible to the eye. I will take a leap of faith, reach out for more and maybe, just maybe i can learn how to be a better friend.

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/692084-Becoming-a-better-friend