*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694122-I-am-only-human
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#694122 added April 24, 2010 at 2:55pm
Restrictions: None
I am only human
A few months back i was an intern at a vet clinic located in a posh estate. At a time when most neighbourhoods were struggling to cope with water rationing,i was surprised to find running water in their taps. Even more shocking was that they had never once had dry taps. Being the equality activist that i am, i couldn't refrain from asking if the status of the residents had anything to do with the unlimited water supply. Of course i didn't ask it loudly,lets just say the topic came up at lunch and quite a good number thought the same. Over the next few months however i got to interact with these people. Despite all the money and celebrity status, i discovered one thing that most of us don't want to admit. These people no matter what or who they are are humans like the rest of us. They have feelings like we do,they get hurt,disappointed,angry,overwhelmed like we do. Just because they smile and look glamorous when we trash them doesn't mean our words don't get to them. If anything they work harder and have to be strong because no matter what we do we still expect them to look good. That is not to say that some of them don't deserve what happens to them. Once a client demanded we leave the room,claimed we were suffocating her pets and stressing them,i don't blame her. She was entitled to her opinion,but with all due respect i was an assistant,my work is to assist the doctor. If she didn't like me or the way her dogs wagged and jumped at me all she had to do was say so i could have toned down the appeal. I do not appreciate it when people make up false excuses to express their displeasure. For whatever it counts,i too am human.

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694122-I-am-only-human