*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694632-Am-rubber-everything-you-say-bounces-off-me
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#694632 added May 11, 2010 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Am rubber everything you say bounces off me
There’s a game we used to play as a child where one would choose to be either rubber or glue. If you are rubber then everything the other person says will bounce of you and stick on them. Sometimes I yearn for games like this, things that remind me why I miss being a child so much. At times I wish I was truly made of rubber but well am not, and sometimes no matter how big the walls around me are someone manages to penetrate them and I end up getting hurt. It’s not fair that we should have to care about what other people think of us or say about us. I guess that’s what makes us human.
A friend of mine says that everything we do, we do it to gain acceptance: from our friends, family, workmates, peers. It never stops, not when you reach that goal you’ve been aiming for nor when you have achieved your dreams, we will always lack something and for some it is the driving force behind their motivation, for others it is what keeps them from going for something they want to do. Either way, acceptance is an inborn desire that we crave for.
If only we were made of rubber…. Thing is sometimes the walls we built around ourselves are what keep us from seeing the bunch of roses in the middle of the bush. They close our eyes to what is good and instead become an attraction for negative thoughts. My challenge this week is to look inward and decide that no matter what happens I will look out for the best in people. I will stop expecting too much from them and instead appreciate the little things that I take for granted. I will look for the extraordinary stuff in the ordinary people and things that they do because somewhere inside each of them lies a gem, a treasure that awaits discovery.

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/694632-Am-rubber-everything-you-say-bounces-off-me