*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697903-My-Plates-Been-Full
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#697903 added June 2, 2010 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
My Plate's Been Full.......
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

The man who sat on the ground in his tipi meditating on life and its meaning,
accepting the kinship of all creatures, and acknowledging unity with the universe of things,
was infusing into his being the true essence of civilization.

~Luther Standing Bear, (Oglala Lakota Sioux)

Where have I been?...What have I been doing?...Where do I begin...? Let's just say I have been busy Photographing for a good cause. Up in Hill City here, there has been a Western Reenactment, and I was asked if I would photograph the shows. I accepted and decided to donate my time and photos to get donations in for the Children's Miracle Network. Alot of donations were made...the cowboys in the reenactment signed the photos and it helped to bring alot of money in for the Children's Miracle Network. The little girl in the photograph is one who has had a bad start in life with her health and one who has had help from the Children's Miracle Network.
And while this was going on...I had company come and stay for a few...just so many things really. Interesting how life works though...one night, I was having dinner out at a Mexican Restaurant with my 'friend', and at another table, was a couple. We just started talking...got to talking about what has been happening in the Gulf of Mexico lately...the world in general. Come to find out that her husband and I grew up within blocks of one another and even went to the same high school. Nowww...isn't that what you call, a 'small world'!!! They live in Texas now, but we were originally from the same neighborhood! I recommended WDC to them, so hopefully, they will get the chance to get some of their own stories created and come and say hello here!
I did manage a 'Inipi' Ceremony, and it was pointed out to me that I have alot to accomplish on my journey in life, and time is running out. I have renewed my membership here on WDC, so guess I will be around for another year at least...Or as long as the Creator permits and we have agreed on. Life is good!!! My thought this night... Get out there and utilize your moments given, for you never know when your time will be up, and you will be called 'Home'. *Heart*

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This Day~
[Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/697903-My-Plates-Been-Full