*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698037-open-mouth-insert-foot-much
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#698037 added June 3, 2010 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
open mouth, insert foot, much?
Okay, so this is kinda a vent, not really a pick-me-up. More of an "are you kidding me, you haven't learned that life lesson yet?" Look, I put my foot in my mouth allllll the time. Well, not literally, I"m too fat for that, but I think you know what I mean. But the thing is, I usually feel at least a little bad about it when I do it. And I've realized I've done it. How do some people reach the age of what is loosely considered "adulthood" and have no clue when they've stuck their foot or must time feet in their mouths? How do they not realize the effect their words are having - say a quick, "Gosh, I'm sorry" and shut the hell up?

But, they don't or either they just don't care. They keep going on and on, never shutting up, never pausing so that someone can even sneak a word in to warn others to run. I'm not saying I'm never rude, but the thing is when I am I usually have meant to be. Those aren't the moments I'm talking about. For example, it's the moments when you say how much someone gets on your nerves only to find out that the person you are talking to gave birth to that person. Those moments . . . you know them . . . the room gets quiet, the air thick, breathing seems a chore. So, back to my original question. How can someone not read these moments? And retreat?

So my life lesson is gauge people's reactions, don't think you are always right, take a moment to inhale, and once in a while just shut up!

Sorry, that just really needed to come out. And believe it or not I am having a great day!


© Copyright 2010 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698037-open-mouth-insert-foot-much