*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698213-Happy-birthdayto-me
by Dee
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1657895
Just got the best surprise in a long time...from an anonymous person.
#698213 added June 5, 2010 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
Happy birthday....to me!
I have this habit of staying up till one minute past midnight the eve of my birthday to shout my lungs out and celebrate one more year of living. Its crazy and the neighbours don't appreciate being woken up in the middle of the night but hey, a girl's gotta live her life. Last year as a bit depressing but i got through it and this year is not so much different. Something different though my mum beat everyone else to be the first to wish me a happy birthday. It is a big feat for her considering she has forgotten my previous two birthdays so i am dedicating this day to her. To raising me up to be such a fine woman(ehhh...) and believing in me all through. To say i was a difficult child would be an understatement but if you ask me i would say i turned out all right.
It has become kind of a tradition for my mum to tell me something new about the day i was born. Over the years she has told me pretty much everything i had bet a friend she would run out of details to tell me. I think she was saving the shocker for this year but its OK at least i am still in one piece. Anyway i did mention about me being difficult? yes, according to my mum it started before i was born so i had to be delivered through cesarean. When my mum woke up from the operation she asked to see me, and there i was tiny, beautiful with the coolest hair in the world...and the wrong tag. The nurses confused about what name to tag me since my mum was too tired and medicated to talk had named me Pauline. Its a cool name but come on me.... Pauline? that would be the day. Anyway my mum smiled took me in her arms removed the tag and said, "that's not her name, her name is Cecilia."
So i guess next time you think of calling me a confused person you should blame the nurses who at that early age taught me confusion. Its a beautiful day all the same. I am getting too old to perform my Kwa Zulu dance plus i forgot all the steps from last year so please bear with me. I promise you, God willing at a time like this next year i will give you something good. The cake backfired as usual but i will not let that spoil a good day. Thank you mum for carrying me around all those months. I am sorry for all the trouble i have caused, i guess its in the genes. That's your punishment for loving me too much. I love you always and you are the number one in my life until you get displaced by my future husband. Not that i am getting married but just so you know and be prepared. Its another year of adding to the rising fuel and a year closer to becoming a fossil fuel myself. Hope that when 2100 comes they will know that i saved fuel so they will spare me burning in industries. Have a lovely day.

© Copyright 2010 Dee (UN: teniola at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/698213-Happy-birthdayto-me