*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699390-treadmill-or-not---feel-free-to-vote
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1578384
You never know what you'll find - humor, ramblings, rants, randomness- it's all me!
#699390 added June 16, 2010 at 10:52am
Restrictions: None
treadmill or not ? feel free to vote
Okay, first off to the one or two of you that read my blog, I apologize for missing yesterday. My internet was out because of wonderful Oklahoma flooding. But, I'm baaaaaaackkk.

About this treadmill dilemna, let's get right to it. We all know someone has put an NS curse on me to actually enjoy walking now. Yes, I'm still stunned by it too. Well, as I'm walking around the neighborhood today, it occurs to me that i'm not normal. Okay, okay - i did realize that like forever ago but I hadn't realized I was that abnormal walking until today.

First off, I can't just jam to my mp3 player and get lost in the beauty of nature. I'm not really an outdoorsy girl in the first place, but the problem really comes because my brain neeeeevvverrr stops. The first thought that I even realized was odd was my fascination with people's lawns. I think it tells you a lot about who may live in those houses. Some people have more furniture and decorations on their lawns they i do in my entire house. Admittedly, I am not Martha Stewart (thank God, I don't think prison and I would do well together - I like my privacy), but some of these lawns are insane. I'm not talking about the extra couch on the porch where Ma and Pa fiddle at night. Come on you guys, I live in Oklahoma not Little House on the Prairie. This is nice table sets in the yard and well things I don't even know the name of.

Oh my gosh, and the lawn "figures". At the beginning it humored me. But because my mind goes strange places - I had a little "Chucky" moment, (or Toy Story) and I imagined these things coming to life at night, maybe battling, maybe overthrowing the neighborhood! Go ahead send me a psychiatrist's name, I won't take offense - - but I could just call my sis she has plenty on speed dial. Back to the dueling living lawn decorations - of course there are gnomes, but there was a bear, angels (good guys, duh), and yes pink flamingos (how orginal), fish, frogs, pistol pete (OSU"s mascot - gooooo pokes) and then some I've forgotten by now. What if they are there to protect the houses? and I have none!!!!!

It gets worse . . . my brain that is. I suddenly have an urge to open the mailboxes. I wouldn't take anything out, I know that's wrong. . . For some reason, it just comes to me. I think it's because I was such a goody goody growing up. Don't worry I fought the urge.

Reason 3 (that's what we are on, right) - Well, it is Oklahoma - we have this thing called Wind -- you know sweeping down the plains and all that. It's dang strong sometimes. When I turn and walk on the north road its so hard it makes even a fat girl like me stagger. So I'm sure those neighbors think I'm walking off a drunken binge.

Oh yeah, reading the mailboxes (that I DID NOT open) I discover that there is an Ethridge on a nearby street. That's my maiden name (yet more info for you to stalk me with). He/She has no protective lawn ornament but there are about 25 flags -- yep patriotic - definitely related.

On Crest drive, I swear they must have a neighborhood "mow the lawn" day, because all there grass is the same heighth. I should be impressed, but all i could think was "Geez, get a life" and "i'm so glad I don't live on this street, they would hate me more than my current neighbors do".

In this friendly state, we say hi and wave to people we don't know. However, I learned sarcasm doesn't always go over well. There was a man painting the trim on his house. As I waved I (jokingly) said, "you missed a stop." Well, he must have thought I sounded a lot like is wife, because he shot me the bird! (protect me lawn ornaments, pleaseee). I didn't get mad, I just went over apologized and gave him my unopened water bottle and asked if he wanted any help. I think I scared him.

So, what do you think? Treadmill or keep risking the neighborhood? I'm perplexed.

Bye friends - enjoy your sanity!

© Copyright 2010 audra_branson (UN: abranson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
audra_branson has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699390-treadmill-or-not---feel-free-to-vote