*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699440-A-Picnic-In-The-HillsMy-Get-Away-Place
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1645936
A journey through life, complete with life lessons!
#699440 added June 16, 2010 at 10:51pm
Restrictions: None
A Picnic In The Hills~My Get-Away Place!
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Keep your face to the sun and you will never see the shadows.
~ Helen Keller

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


Such a beautiful day...I went to one of my favorite 'get-aways' down in Hot Springs. You all remember Hot Springs, don't you? Waterfalls...thermal springs...well, when the weather is good, I love to go down to the spring and either sit by it, or in it! Today, I did both! *Delight*
I packed up a lunch...grabbed one of my cameras and relaxed with nature. I talked...I listened...I listened some more. As I was sitting by the spring there, with my feet dancing in the water...I kept getting a visit from a dragon fly, who was insisting on staying with me.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


I'd let it sit on my jeans for a bit, and then I'd shoe it off so I could get up for a drink or my camera..and back it would come again, in the same place. Finally, I decided to sit in the stream...I mean...after awhile, actually lay there in the stream with only my face above the water. The water is about 80 degrees...it was so inviting. I listened to the rushing water passing and then...there it was again...it landed on my nose. I really got a laugh from it. It either really wanted my attention or it just came to bring me that gift of laughter and joy.
I finally sat up and then got up to get out of the stream. More company....

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


I guess it decided to bathe in this water and sunshine as well. It didn't seem to care if it had to share the water with me...it just bathed and bathed and fluffed itself...dunked it's head under again and finally flew away. Pleasant...and joyful to share this day with nature.

And well...as I sat there trying to dry a bit....I had just finished taking that photo of the sun coming down through the trees as I lay there on the grass...I felt the presence of another resident...

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **


Woodpecker came today too, but he seemed much too busy and in a hurry circling around the tree above me, to pose for a picture, so didn't get one of him. It was such a beautiful day...I only wish you were there with me! I guess the next best thing are these photographs...I hope you receive joy from them, as I had received in this day! Life is good! *Heart* Going to be busy soon, as I made mention in another entry, but will try to blog, or at least read blogs whenever I can. Enjoy your moments given~

My 'Gift' Of Song For You This day Night! ~
*Bullet* [Embed For Use By Upgraded+]

© Copyright 2010 SummerLyn Guthrie (UN: summerlyn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SummerLyn Guthrie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/699440-A-Picnic-In-The-HillsMy-Get-Away-Place