*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703929-Iola-Military-Show
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#703929 added August 15, 2010 at 8:29am
Restrictions: None
Iola Military Show
Military Show at Iola Wisconsin

Yesterday I went to the above show. As I’ve written before I have an M-37 ¾ ton Weapons Carrier made in 1953. It is in excellent shape. I saw several there which were later models which were asking $6K or more and were no where near the condition of mine. Keep in mind I bought mine for $5400 but had to put $700 into it for a new fuel pump and servicing. The show consisted of A Vehicle Park, WW2 Enactors, vendors of military memorabilia, those attending as well as an antique tractor and engine show.

The Vehicle park had several hundred military vehicles… jeeps, weapons carriers, trucks, half tracks and museum pieces, mostly pre WW2 and since.

The Enactors were encamped and going through the routine of their daily lives and did a small encounter, opposing unit, battle enactment.

The professional vendors were gathered selling a wide variety of military surplus items as well as private sellers with tables and booths like an auto swap meet.

The tractor show had static displays of tractors however the most interesting were the “Hit and Miss” engines running agriculture implements of the past such as corn shellers, hack saws or simply popping away on their test stands. The sound of these old machines is delightful to listen to.

Upon returning home I worked on my 1940 Ford cutting out rust and replacing metal in the right rear fender well. This is difficult and frustrating because not only are there compound curves to contend with but often it is impossible to reach the back side of the repair. I’m glad Linda was away as I uttered a number of expletives.


© Copyright 2010 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/703929-Iola-Military-Show