*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704561-Done-with-KoD-onto-the-Gathering-Storm
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#704561 added August 24, 2010 at 6:12pm
Restrictions: None
Done with KoD... onto the Gathering Storm.
ME:

Not autumn yet. *Silent* It got down to 41 degrees last night. I kept the fan on all night as my rooms retain the heat in the building. I also like "fresh" air. Although, in this dead-air city "fresh" is questionable. Fortunately, it's presently crystal clear with a gentle breeze and warm not hot.

Weather elsewhere? Same pleasant temps at my sister's in Washington too. *Smile*

Do you follow tropical weather? Folks should. Storms in the Baja affect the southwest from Arizona to Texas. Tropical Storm Agnes lingered in Pennsylvania in '72 and nearly took the dam out in Mt. Morris (NY)... there would've been a major disaster in Rochester. Hurricane Hazel killed folks in Toronto in '54.

I suspect that those central Pacific storms sometimes affect the Northwest and therefore Western Montana. And the British Isles face the brunt of Atlantic storms.

We are far more connected than we are willing to acknowledge.

Even Katrina (da Empress) had lasting affects beyond the devastation in Mississippi and New Orleans. It dispersed how many? A quarter million? Even in Far Montana one meets folks who left and ended up here. It has been 5 years.

Need to post my poem again... I really do.

So... on to the Gathering Storm #12 of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. Finished KoD in the early morning (just one more chapter... one more page... eyes droopy...). Wikipedia has the plot summaries. Very good idea if the earlier books haven't been read for years. So many characters to keep track of.

Should do a poll: "What Ajah are you"? The men are lumped together as Asha'man; but, that isn't totally fair (most seem to be portrayed as the male equivalent of Red). Men differ. And there are the same attitudes in men as in women (just in different proportions). I suspect there to be more White and Green among men, more Yellow and Blue among women. The Black Ajah is always among us...
16,762

© Copyright 2010 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/704561-Done-with-KoD-onto-the-Gathering-Storm