*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708755-The-Wrap-Party
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1713785
Young man's struggle with money, women and literature.
#708755 added October 18, 2010 at 3:56pm
Restrictions: None
The Wrap Party
The void in my life is feeling quite considerable after having my Macbook Pro stolen from me. I feel so far behind, losing all my notes, not having any films or new episodes of Dexter to watch when I get home. Not having a mobile phone either, it seems like this act of theft has almost completely cut me off from the world. I have, however, starting writing more on paper. It really feels like an obsolete art now, unfortunately. It feels as if everything I read is so invisible, as everything travels electronically, perhaps rightly so. Think of the trees it saves! I am still in a state of shock after this ordeal, but due to the fact that my father paid for half of the machine and insisted I got insurance on it (and didn't), I have omitted to telling him and will do my best to purchase another one, as soon as I can, no matter how bad my financial status is. Don't mistake me for someone who is part of the 'Apple Cult', but I am a literature student and the ease of use and aesthetics of the machine really are important! Somehow.

The point is, is that it looks like I won't be getting money for a while, or enough to buy a new Macbook. Until then, I am going to be stuck in my room (that literally feels like it has NO use whatsoever, its so empty without it). All my notes are lost and I think I am going to have to handwrite everything, unless I really want to fight for a computer on campus. Truth is, I hate Windows, I hate that the " sign is in the @ position. Apple just made everything easy and workable, the interface is so much smoother and nicer to look at. These clonky keyboards and a browser with no spell check (damn IE) are extremely annoying. I don't want to start the old debate of Mac vs. Windows, I am just being bitter right now!

I am trying to see this as a test. After getting such a promising headstart on this year of my degree, I have been brought back to square one so quickly and harshly. I really need to fight through this mess.

First I need to sleep.

© Copyright 2010 Phoenix (UN: phoinixh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Phoenix has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/708755-The-Wrap-Party